Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: 74, 78, 77, 78, 78 (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

3 mile slog done.  My legs think I raced a marathon yesterday.

<3

Cyberic

Guy drops his pajamas and starts masturbating in front of half-marathon runners

http://pascackvalley.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/witnesses-masturbating-marathon-spectator-arrested-in-emerson/721158/

Really? That is weird 

Half Crazy K 2.0

http://pascackvalley.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/witnesses-masturbating-marathon-spectator-arrested-in-emerson/721158/

Really? That is weird 

Yes. I did a 5k several years ago near the Baltimore Zoo. It is in a rather rough area of town. I remember running by a truck parked near the lake, and after I was passed it I thought, was he really just jerking off in there? I did not turn around to confirm. Would have cost me a PR.

delicate flower

Really? That is weird 

How is that weird?

<3

No more marathons

It's been so long since I've run a marathon - not sure I remember correctly.

But it seems to me I took a gel every 45 minutes or so - so somewhere between 5.2 and 5 miles.

Weather has turned to shit here now, but I managed to get a 2 mile walk in at lunch time, and 3.8 mile run in after work.  I did the run at work instead of driving home first like I've been doing.  24 miles (as the crow flies) NNE made a big difference in the wind and rain.  Stayed mostly dry and air was mostly calm.  By the time I drove home the rain was heavy, and the wind strong.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Zelanie

There is a group run for tonight, and supposedly the air quality isn't that bad, but I think this weather report is enough to make another day of FTS for me:

Cyberic

How is that weird?

The guy wearing pajamas!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Runshortii, I took shot blocks with me and I think took them every hour or so. If you've never mixed gels with Gatorade (even if you alternate by doing gel with water, then Gatorade at a later stop), don't try it for the first time on race day. I burped up blocks & Gatorade for a few miles. I had grabbed a pack of fig newtons, best decision I made. Those were awesome and no burps.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The guy wearing pajamas!

Easier to drop pajama bottoms than jeans?

GinnyinPA

At one of my races, the water tables were essentially competing for best aid station. They had a lot of extras - bacon, bananas, oreos, etc.  At the time I was just really thirsty so I wasn't at all tempted.  What extras offered by aid stations or onlookers did you accept?  Any you wish you hadn't?

Half Crazy K 2.0

At one of my races, the water tables were essentially competing for best aid station. They had a lot of extras - bacon, bananas, oreos, etc.  At the time I was just really thirsty so I wasn't at all tempted.  What extras offered by aid stations or onlookers did you accept?  Any you wish you hadn't?

Munchins were the best, no competition.

Beer. The end.

The Detroit Marathon had a lot of homemade aid stations as you ran through some of the neighborhoods. They had all kinds of stuff - bacon, twizzlers, M&Ms, you name it. And of course beer. That was the only thing I partook of, after passing several of them, finally around mile 25. It was wonderful.

Dave

I don't know when the forum home page changed, but it's hilarious.

Dave

No more marathons

Beer. The end.

The Detroit Marathon had a lot of homemade aid stations as you ran through some of the neighborhoods. They had all kinds of stuff - bacon, twizzlers, M&Ms, you name it. And of course beer. That was the only thing I partook of, after passing several of them, finally around mile 25. It was wonderful.

Best beer I ever had was just after heartbreak hill - random guy with a cooler handing them out.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!