Beginners and Beyond

Super Penguin Weekend! (Read 15 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

4 miles done, now off to the gym.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 8 with hubby and I am still coughing so starting on prednisone now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Damaris, I hope the prednisone gets you some relief.

PAD, hope you had a great workout.

No running for me today.  Resting before running an easy-pace HM tomorrow.  I signed up for this one months before I decided to run the LA Marathon next Sunday, and I don't want to lose my legacy club status, so I'm going to jog it.  I had a great time at the expo yesterday: signed up for next year's HM at a screaming good deal, and for a wine country HM later this year for a discounted price plus a free bottle of wine.  (I looked it up; it's worth a whole $10!  Well, I do like Pinot Noir.)  Then I stopped on the way home to do some shopping and found a great UA tank on sale, plus a beautiful pair of Brooks Ravennas on clearance for half off, plus a pair of $90 Keen sandals for $15!  It was just my lucky day. At the expo I even pulled into a parking spot that had 80 minutes left on the meter!

LRB

I had a great time at the expo yesterday: signed up for next year's HM at a screaming good deal, and for a wine country HM later this year for a discounted price plus a free bottle of wine.  (I looked it up; it's worth a whole $10!  Well, I do like Pinot Noir.)  Then I stopped on the way home to do some shopping and found a great UA tank on sale, plus a beautiful pair of Brooks Ravennas on clearance for half off, plus a pair of $90 Keen sandals for $15!  It was just my lucky day. At the expo I even pulled into a parking spot that had 80 minutes left on the meter!

You should play the lottery!

Docket_Rocket

That sounds like a good plan for tomorrow, good luck and good luck next week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

No Sunday posts yet?

Earlier today DH and I went to the Costco near to the hotel (in VA) just to see how it compares to ours in PA. Guess what?  Costco sells wine!  The only place to buy wine in PA is in state-run stores so we had never seen wine in Costco. We are not big drinkers, but I do occasionally like some wine if someone is with me to help finish the bottle, so I bought three bottles to try.  The prices are much lower than what I'm used to paying so I told DH that if I like these he might be tasked with buying some more when he comes here again.

3 miles for me.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

No Sunday posts yet?

Earlier today DH and I went to the Costco near to the hotel (in VA) just to see how it compares to ours in PA. Guess what?  Costco sells wine!  The only place to buy wine in PA is in state-run stores so we had never seen wine in Costco. We are not big drinkers, but I do occasionally like some wine if someone is with me to help finish the bottle, so I bought three bottles to try.  The prices are much lower than what I'm used to paying so I told DH that if I like these he might be tasked with buying some more when he comes here again.

3 miles for me.

We just do one weekend post.  =D

Anyway, this weekend I did a terrible 1 mile run outside with DH yesterday.  I forgot to use my inhaler and I was wheezing by .6 miles in so I headed back.  I think I'm just not acclimated to the cold at all at this point -- I guess being sick for most of winter and only running outdoors on the unseasonably warm days will do that.  Today I did 3 on the treadmill, not wanting a repeat of the lung issues of yesterday.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

I ran 13 on the TM, with 10 of those at quality paces.  Still coughing, but the prednisone helped.  It's so nice outside, but I know with 50% of the lungs working, the winds at 25mph gusts would kill them, so TM it was.

Damaris

Fundraising Page