Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Sundailies (Read 30 times)

delicate flower

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning at the age of 89. Had been coming for awhile but still sad. So looks like I'll be making a quick trip to PA this week. Is it still 90s and 100% humidity?

Very sorry to hear this.  Sad

<3

Sorry SD  

This lazy nonsense has to stop. I slept like 10 hours last night. Spent most of the am prepping food for the week/tonight. Made some fresh salsa that will top some bean salads I have planned for lunch. Also made a batch of quinoa that will go in some hummus/spinach wraps...also for lunches. Homemade peanut butter... also started prepping for tonights bean/brown rice tacos. Just finished writing up my program for the fall HM. Now I'm all stoked to get out and start training again...really hoping tomorrows run attempt  goes well...well shall see.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

I just ordered a pair of Saucony Freedom ISOs without trying them 

Reviews are good, price was right. Hopefully they will be Saucony's version of the Bostons, albeit a 4mm drop and wider toe box. https://runrepeat.com/saucony-freedom-iso/expert/saucony-freedom-iso

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My grandmother passed away yesterday morning at the age of 89. Had been coming for awhile but still sad. So looks like I'll be making a quick trip to PA this week. Is it still 90s and 100% humidity?

My condolences, SD.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear, sdWhiskers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I just ordered a pair of Saucony Freedom ISOs without trying them 

Reviews are good, price was right. Hopefully they will be Saucony's version of the Bostons, albeit a 4mm drop and wider toe box. https://runrepeat.com/saucony-freedom-iso/expert/saucony-freedom-iso

I like them!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

SD - I"m sorry about your grandmother.  Where in PA? Here in south central, our forecast is for thundershowers for the next few days, so low 80s for temps, then upper 80s at the end of the week then back down again. No 90s. But the humidity is still high.

I ran 9.1 easy. It was cloudy, so didn't feel that hot, but after I was done I got hit by dizziness and nausea and thought I was going to pass out. Feet up on the wall helped, but I don't know why my body fell apart like that. I should be used to the heat and humidity by now. I drank, but evidently not enough.

Cyberic

I like them!

Hopefully I will too! I've got so many running shoes, it's ridiculous. I think I should throw a bunch away. Just retire them or something. Cuz now, the woman and the kids think the old man is just plain crazy. I have a few pairs with about 400 miles, that I still wear once every six months or so. Like my Wave Riders. I might wear them tomorrow because of the 12mm drop. My left calf has been so-so lately, so maybe a higher drop will help it.

Docket_Rocket

My left calf has been like that as well, so I stopped the Altras all week until today.  BIG MISTAKE.

Ran 15 of my 17.  Maybe I ran them too fast (which I've done before, ha) or the chafing on my upper leg, or whatever.  I'll take the 15.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

SD - I"m sorry about your grandmother.  Where in PA? Here in south central, our forecast is for thundershowers for the next few days, so low 80s for temps, then upper 80s at the end of the week then back down again. No 90s. But the humidity is still high.

Thanks everyone. My grandparents visited every week while I was growing up; it makes me sad that I can't give my son a similar experience since we live 3000 miles away. (Forgetting for a moment that my parents drive me absolutely batty)

I'll be in central PA. And I wish Harrisburg was a cheaper airport to fly into.