Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 32 times)

I don't really have any specific complaints like that. I just feel like I weigh 200 lbs and my legs have 0 energy

You are still post-marathoning. I bounced back pretty well this time around as far as mileage, but my paces were excruciatingly slow for a long time. It's amazing how much these damn things take out of you.

Dave

No more marathons

You are still post-marathoning. I bounced back pretty well this time around as far as mileage, but my paces were excruciatingly slow for a long time. It's amazing how much these damn things take out of you.

I bounced back pretty quickly from my disaster in Quebec - and I credit it all to two liters of saline solution administered intravenously right after my death march finish.

BQ was nine weeks later.

I wonder if that should be a standard recovery "drink".  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Another 4.3 miles at lunch, and at (for me) a nice pace.

Something to be said for running in the cold.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I ran 8.  4.5 outside. Roads are really shitty here still, a combo of that slick packed snow from tire tracks, and that dirty sludgy loose stuff so I ended up doing the second half on the treadmill.

delicate flower

I have my first ever "power test" on the bike trainer tonight, which will be an ass kicker of a workout.  It is supposed to be an "everything you've got" kind of workout.  I am looking forward to/dreading it.

That hurt.  Oof.  That is going to impact my interval run tomorrow.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill.

Docket_Rocket

I'm sorry, PR. Hoping the running test goes well.

So, I left Pilates and went to the supermarket.  And leaving the supermarket this asshole van hits me from the side.  Took forever for the cops to finish the ticket to the dude (that kept trying to make me into the guilty part when he ran a stop sign into me), so now my car needs to go to the shop to fix two doors and no idea how he also took my bumper too.  URD cause I just got home.  At least it could've been worse. He hit my door but missed me by 5" so the back of the car took the brunt, instead of me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - OMG. I'm glad you're all right. What a mess. I hope you don't have any soreness over the next couple of days. That kind of hit can make your muscles tighten up. Time for wine and a hot bath?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm sorry, PR. Hoping the running test goes well.

So, I left Pilates and went to the supermarket.  And leaving the supermarket this asshole van hits me from the side.  Took forever for the cops to finish the ticket to the dude (that kept trying to make me into the guilty part when he ran a stop sign into me), so now my car needs to go to the shop to fix two doors and no idea how he also took my bumper too.  URD cause I just got home.  At least it could've been worse. He hit my door but missed me by 5" so the back of the car took the brunt, instead of me.

Rule #1 - never hit a car owned or driven by a lawyer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

D - OMG. I'm glad you're all right. What a mess. I hope you don't have any soreness over the next couple of days. That kind of hit can make your muscles tighten up. Time for wine and a hot bath?

Since I couldn't run due to time, I drank two martinis.  On a Tuesday.  yay me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Rule #1 - never hit a car owned or driven by a lawyer.

I should have mentioned my employer somewhere in the conversation, but he had 5 people with him and one dude kept murmuring I was speeding (I wasn't) and taking pics of my car at every turn so I just made my husband come with me and carry my bumper back home.  They will shit their pants if they Google me...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Wait, instead of DOJ, the first google search goes to Marathon Maniacs... 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Scary stuff, D! Glad you are OK.

I went to the track tonight. Not that I was ready, but I needed the variety. The group was running 12 x 400 with short walking recoveries and a full lap jog after every 4, so that's what I did. Pace sucked and the backstretch of the track was icy somehow, but it was a nice change.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, glad you're OK.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

They will shit their pants if they Google me...

Wait, instead of DOJ, the first google search goes to Marathon Maniacs... 

The first statement still holds true.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.