Beginners and Beyond

Pace Cadets - 2014 in 2014 - Nice running, team! (Read 52 times)

Zelanie

Hey team 9!  Here is the place to introduce yourselves!  Let's get to know each other!

Also, we need a team name and captain!  Any ideas?

I'm Zelanie, and I've been running for almost 2 years now, and am hoping that 2014 is the year that I complete my first full marathon.  I spend more time over on RA than RWOL, but hope that we can get a Facebook group for our team.  How about you guys?

TEAM 9      
    Screen name Mileage status  
    PleasantRidge 2500 new  
    jgeigle 2400 vet  
    marymary611 2000 vet  
    never run 2014 vet  
    LRB 1900 new  
    Zelanie 1600 vet  
    Peacemker 1500 vet  
    gymmom-rw 1400 vet  
    MA runner girl 1300 vet  
    rmorissey64 1200 vet  
    Poppy Ott 1200 new  
    Ram-rw 1200 new  
    Bozydeco 1200 vet  
    buchy2009 1200 vet  
    J3ffro 1000 new  
    toyger 1000 vet  
    TR_Penguin 1000 vet  
    jayden's dad 800 vet  
    Jusbecuz 800 vet  
    LCHASPER 750 vet  
    hvmorfun 550 vet  
    befulina 500 new

Zelanie - I designate you as a mentor for that newbie LRB on our team to the mileage game.    

This upcoming year will be my second year playing.  Keeps me disciplined. My primary goal this year is to continue to improve my 10K time in the Peachtree Road Race.

My screen name is a moniker combining two of my favorite performers.  From the field of athletics, Bo Jackson.  From the music field, Buckwheat Zydeco.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

Zelanie - I designate you as a mentor for that newbie LRB on our team to the mileage game.    

Lord knows I am going to need it! 

My name is Rick, I run and drink and do stuff (not necessarily in that order).  2014 will be my fourth year running.

Peacemaker

Hey all.

I started running about 5 years ago and this is my second year in the game.  I ran my first marathon in October and plan to run out again in 2014.  My goal for the spring is to set a half marathon pr and finally break the 2 hour barrier.

MA runner girl

Hey all. I've been running since freshman year of high school (2001) on and off but I've been consistent and tracking mileage since March 2009. 2013 was a rebuilding year for me as I had a baby boy in march. I'm just getting my mileage back to 30 and starting half marathon training tomorrow for a April race and then hopefully a full in the fall.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Afternoon all.

I'm Ray, and I have been running about 18 months.  I'm 44 and a  hillbilly from TN.

I run early mornings so I can get my 2-3 hours of the post-run "warm fuzzies"  to start my day.  I'm totally addicted and make no excuses for it.

Runner with a riding problem.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

How do you know what team you're in? I thought I had signed up. Or am I in the same team?

Zelanie

Jack- I wish you were!  There is a team assignment thread, but it's been getting buried under the individual team threads.  Looks like you are team 3.  I wish you guys luck, until we meet in the Head to Head!   But I am glad that you're playing this year.  Last year was my first time and it has been so much fun.  Except that the year is almost over! 

LRB- We will be on your case to make sure you're getting your stretching done so that you can get those miles in! 

Hiya, Bozydeco, Peacemaker (Collective Soles represent!  Woot!), MArunnergirl, and Ray!  I've seen many of you around the forums and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

The RWOL thread looks like it's leaning towards having a Facebook group.  I tried to create one but apparently I have to be friends with at least one of you on Facebook first. 

Peacemaker

Zelanie you can send me a friend request on fb if you want then set up the group.

Zelanie

Yay!  Here is the group.

LRB

Yay!  Here is the group.

What of those not on fb?

Zelanie

In the past, people either create a FB account just for their running alter ego, or they keep in touch via the forums.  Usually the teams have threads on RA and RWOL, but the FB groups have more action.

LRB

In the past, people either create a FB account just for their running alter ego, or they keep in touch via the forums.  Usually the teams have threads on RA and RWOL, but the FB groups have more action.

I will get mine here if that's okay?

Zelanie

Sounds good!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

This looks like a fun team! Can I buy my way in? I have $100,000 I got as change fom the grocery store !

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!