Beginners and Beyond

B&B 2021 Miles Game (Read 51 times)

Cyberic

Oops. I think my fat fingers were the problem.. is the issue resolved?

All good. I'll log your miles tomorrow

GinnyinPA

Halfcrazy - you really went all out last week. Congratulations!

Cyberic

I noticed that too. Holy cow! Congrats!!!

Also fixed BerthaSlayer's miles.

I saw that in the All Star results—impressive!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Took one for the team for All Star Week

Docket_Rocket

Nice! Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

WOW! Awesome!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Weekly Run stats

6/7/2021 – 6/13/2021: 36.6 mi 6:11:44
                  5/31/2021 – 6/6/2021: 32.9 mi 5:40:00

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Week 23

DavePNW 300
                    Bluerun 293
                    wcrunner2 267
                    Fredford66 263
                    Baboon 260
                    sdWhiskers 258
                    Half Crazy K 2.0 253
                    BerthaSlayer 249
                    GinnyinPA 244
                    Cyberic 234
                    Onemile 233
                    FreeSoul87 179
                    Docket_Rocket 177
                    KCRuns 114
                    RunningOnSand 111
                    LRB 88
                    Lauren 39
                    Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Hmm.  Took me 4 more minutes to run 0.1 miles more than last week.

Weekly Run stats

6/14/2021 – 6/20/2021: 36.7 mi 6:15:38
                      6/7/2021 – 6/13/2021: 36.6 mi

6:11:44

Cyberic

Funny how

1. I'm right where I should be at, mileage wise, compared to my last three years
                        2. It's almost the middle of the year, so the trend is pretty smooth by now

And I'm in the lower half of the rankings. I wouldn't have thought. Very interesting.

At the end of the year, there will be the rankings to win gold stars based on the rules posted in the OP, but on top of that, I'll try all kinds of different scoring systems on the data and see how that affects the standings. Not that I want to win, but I do find it odd that I'm that low in the standings. Then again, maybe it's just me and this group is doing awesomely good this year. I'm still curious as to know the effect of different scoring systems.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'd be interested in seeing various standings as well.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having my best year ever.  I'm likely to hit 1,000 miles before the end of June, which will be a first for me.  I'm already ahead of my previous best for the opening six months of a year and still have 10 days to go.

Cyberic

I'd be interested in seeing various standings as well.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having my best year ever.  I'm likely to hit 1,000 miles before the end of June, which will be a first for me.  I'm already ahead of my previous best for the opening six months of a year and still have 10 days to go.

Great that you are having an awesome year, but don't worry, I don't need to "feel better". I'm very comfortable doing what I'm doing. I've been very steady for a number of years now and I honestly would not change a thing about my running if I could.

GinnyinPA

Cy - what it says is that you have been fairly consistent the last few years. You found a level of running (a high level) that you can sustain fairly comfortably. Given the rules of the game and the high number of miles you run normally, running 20 or 30% beyond that level could get you injured and you're smart enough not to push that too much.

I'm on track to meet or slightly surpass my annual goal, but it means I'm way down in the standings as well. Following the game means I push myself more than I would without the game, but given my hamstring issues, I have no desire to push harder than I am now. If the pain gets a lot worse, I won't even do that much. One advantage of being so far down is I know I've already lost. It's only pride that keeps me trying for my 38+ a week. And I'm the only one who cares about that.

Cyberic

Cy - what it says is that you have been fairly consistent the last few years. You found a level of running (a high level) that you can sustain fairly comfortably. Given the rules of the game and the high number of miles you run normally, running 20 or 30% beyond that level could get you injured and you're smart enough not to push that too much.

I'm on track to meet or slightly surpass my annual goal, but it means I'm way down in the standings as well. Following the game means I push myself more than I would without the game, but given my hamstring issues, I have no desire to push harder than I am now. If the pain gets a lot worse, I won't even do that much. One advantage of being so far down is I know I've already lost. It's only pride that keeps me trying for my 38+ a week. And I'm the only one who cares about that.

Hopefully you can balance pride with caution. The game is to give healthy accountability, and have some fun doing it. I even hesitated at first to put the standings in order, I thought about leaving it in alphabetical order so it doesn't look like a competition against others, but a competition against our past 3 years selves, and how that looks compared to others.

But since I'm giving away gold stars, of course people want to win!