Beginners and Beyond

Sun’s coming up SunDailies (Read 21 times)

6.5, real rickety, phew😮😀, I had been spooked that Thursday’s run had been a fluke.

5.5, loop of accotink with extra dirt, then 1 roadcrown hill

Cyberic

Wassup people!

Ran 11.5 and that makes it a 80.5 mile week, cuz I ran all 7 days.

Docket_Rocket

My TM has a faulty sensor so I have 10 at least outside. I've not run more than 7 outside in months, so good luck me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. 27.4 for the week.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

10.1 miles done in the sunshine.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

sdWhiskers

55 and cloudy, whaaaaat? Made for nice running weather though. 14 miles with 996 ft elevation. My longest run in 2021, I think.

Now to eat everything.

delicate flower

14 miles with 996 ft elevation.

Twinsies!!  Almost.  My 14 miles was 902 ft.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I just got an email from the State saying I'm eligible for a vaccination and giving me a list of 18 sites as which I could make an appointment.  Unfortunately, the only one with available appointments is the one second-furthest from my home at 74 miles' distance.  I think I'll wait a bit to see if something frees up closer to home.

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Interesting run today. It was sunny early this morning. I went out at 40 degrees with about 15mph wind, and it had turned overcast and started drizzling. A few miles in, the rain got very heavy, the wind was whipping up into a frenzy, and I was running straight into it. Then the rain turned into hail or sleet or something. Had to fight through that for a few miles; hit the turnaround to at least get the wind at my back, and of course then things started to let up. The weather was better the rest of the way, but I was soaked and chilled. Had to take my gloves off because they were so wet they were making my hands colder. 11 miles total. I almost always eat as soon as I get home, but today I had to take a hot shower first. 

67 for the week, highest of the year.

Dave

I just got an email from the State saying I'm eligible for a vaccination and giving me a list of 18 sites as which I could make an appointment.  Unfortunately, the only one with available appointments is the one second-furthest from my home at 74 miles' distance.  I think I'll wait a bit to see if something frees up closer to home.

Cool! What makes you eligible, if you don’t mind me asking?

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Cool! What makes you eligible, if you don’t mind me asking?

When I registered with the state, one of the listed conditions was "overweight," which I am.  While only obesity is on the CDC site, the state site listed overweight and obese separately.  So it's either my weight or my age group (54+) is now eligible.  For the record, the state site asked if I'd ever "had" any of a list of conditions, so I could have chosen "obesity" based on my pre-running weight and gotten in earlier, but I opted not to game the system based on the poor phrasing of the question.

GinnyinPA

Cool sunny day, with wind again. I was happy to keep the run short - 5.5 miles. I ran 42.3 for the week.

onemile

I ran 16. It definitely felt like I haven't run over 10 miles in a month 

I had 63.4 miles this week

Docket_Rocket

My total for this week was 37.06

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

I slogged through 7. 20 for the week.