Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES of Sun, where there is none (Read 45 times)

LRB

I might not have sub-21  in me.

The only way to know is to run it fresh on a fair course in decent conditions. And a couple, few times at that. But yeah, I get what you are saying, there is definitely a let-down when we fall sort of a goal.

HCK, goose duty? lol It would be my luck to get attacked by a flock of geese while racing a 5k.

LRB

I saw Ted 2 today, which was exactly what I thought it would be; not as good as the first, and not as bad as it could have been.

Of course I did not take it as serious as some reviewers apparently did. It's a movie about a talking bear FFS, adjust your expectations accordingly.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw Ted 2 today, which was exactly what I thought it would be; not as good as the first, and not as bad as it could have been.

Of course I did not take it as serious as some reviewers apparently did. It's a movie about a talking bear FFS, adjust your expectations accordingly.

I have not watched the first, but the scenes from the second made it look like it was a hoot.

Damaris

Thanks for the comments everyone. And HCK, for the validation of my excuses.

onemile - temp was 76, which is warm by normal Seattle 9AM standards, but probably nothing I can use.

The only way to know is to run it fresh on a fair course in decent conditions. And a couple, few times at that. 

Yeah this 5k racing is trickier than I thought. Since seconds make a difference, there is so little margin for error. And I didn't even talk about pacing; I went out way too fast in both races (not really seen in the splits since is was more in the first half mile); I never have a good feel for any race pace at the start, and in a 5k there's no time to adjust.

Thinking about whether I want to have another go at it in 2-3 weeks.

Dave

LRB

Yeah this 5k racing is trickier than I thought. Since seconds make a difference, there is so little margin for error. And I didn't even talk about pacing; I went out way too fast in both races (not really seen in the splits since is was more in the first half mile); I never have a good feel for any race pace at the start, and in a 5k there's no time to adjust.

Thinking about whether I want to have another go at it in 2-3 weeks.

That first 800 meters will kill you if you are not dialed in, but practice makes perfect, so there's your answer.

GinnyinPA

We had cool, breezy, low humidity and dark skies today, so my 8.6 felt really good.  Amazing what a difference it makes being able to breathe normally.

cjones1

Nice job Dave.  Don't stress.  You're too close to say you can't get there.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

That first 800 meters will kill you if you are not dialed in, but practice makes perfect, so there's your answer.

Seems about right.

MTA: of course I am not training for 5k's, but training for a marathon assuming it will also improve my 5k time. And generally training through the races. So maybe I could give myself a better shot at an optimal 5k, but the goal race is still 26.2.

Anyway, did 3.2 warmup miles before the race, but didn't have time for any extra miles afterwards; since it's Sunday I felt I needed more miles, so went out for more tonight. Total 11.8 on the day, 55 for the week.

Dave