Beginners and Beyond

Hotels Stink..... Blah (Read 79 times)

LRB

I'm saying when you go to google maps it has in the little box those booking sites and above them you choose your dates. After March or June it is making all other dates unavailable in bookingit, expedia, etc... 

Just for kicks, I went to expedia and no Embassy Suites available 

I will keep a look out on the availability of those dates at the Embassy Suites because I really want that suite lol.

hotels.com has two pages of rooms available for that weekend. Just saying. And stop using google maps to reserve a hotel room. 

Docket_Rocket

I'm saying when you go to google maps it has in the little box those booking sites and above them you choose your dates. After March or June it is making all other dates unavailable in bookingit, expedia, etc... 

Just for kicks, I went to expedia and no Embassy Suites available 

I will keep a look out on the availability of those dates at the Embassy Suites because I really want that suite lol.

That might not have actual current information.  Like I said, I never had problems booking 2-3 weeks out of a race with 50K people running it and stayed pretty much where I want.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

You should check VRBO as well. I found great apartments in Boston and NY for less than $250 a night, right downtown, fully equipped kitchen, closed bedroom and pull-out couch in the living-room. Much more spacious than a hotel bedroom.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That might not have actual current information.  Like I said, I never had problems booking 2-3 weeks out of a race with 50K people running it and stayed pretty much where I want.

Hmmm, that's never been the case for me.... DH has certain wants, I have wants and my little boy has needs. One of my needs/wants being a hotel just a few minutes walk from the start (and finish), sizable rooms, a microwave, fridge, great bed, coffee maker, and a bathtub. Maybe it's just St. Louis and Indy but those wants including it being close to the start and finish get pretty hard to find the closer to the dates of their big races.

Then again, I only just began doing out of town races back in 2013 and that was to St. Louis and Indy.... maybe the race weekends fall on dates where youth groups and churches like to take up the hotel rooms too.... because that almost always seems to be the case dang it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay, the biggest reason I have to book a hotel so far in advance is because I am a really bad worrywart and it drives me crazy with paranoia that something might happen if I don't take care of this part as quickly as possible.... it just makes me feel better 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)