Beginners and Beyond

Super Bowl 10k RR - PR and pics! (Read 89 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's awesome, and encouraging.  I have a 5k on roads that are currently snow covered coming up Sunday.  I have a goal time in mind, but I think road conditions could become a factor.  Oh, and they decided that it will finish on an indoor track.  What could go wrong?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, I'll FE with you anytime! Smile

Rick, Ginny, MJ, Misty, thank you!

Shirfan, no, but that would have been hysterical. They should have.

Gus, it's a good race. Tough but fun. It attracts all the speedy people because of the custom socks awarded to the top 50 male and female finishers. One of my long-term goals is to get a pair of socks. Smile

Awood, good luck this weekend!! I hope your conditions were better than mine. Big grin

Jess runs for bacon

April, they actually offered me last year's socks for volunteering. I picked the sweatshirt they made for volunteers instead.

YAYpril - B-Plus

April, they actually offered me last year's socks for volunteering. I picked the sweatshirt they made for volunteers instead.

I would pick the sweatshirt too. I want to EARN the socks, man!  Gayle was shocked when she got a pair (she ran it in 52 something) and she said she was going to wear them all day. Smile

SheCan

Nice report and CONGRATULATIONS on the new PR!!!!!!   You don't even look tired in the race pictures.  You did super fantastic, and did really good not to slip & fall in those conditions.  Great pictures and best of luck on your 5k next weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson