Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon Runners (Read 92 times)

Cyberic

Pretty risky time of year weather-wise. Sorry about the asthma D. Totally sucks.

Can't wait to hear from Toronto (if Dave is correct, that is quite a good time) and from lily

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Thanks Dave! Yep, that was me. 3:20 and a few seconds. Not what I was going for, but I'll take it. The wind was brutal. Blowing people sideways on the Verrazzano bridge. Right in the face going west, and mostly in the face going north. The whole freakin course is either west or north . Then you'd expect a tailwind coming south on 5th Av, but it was kind of in the face again. WTF?!! 

anyway, I also lost more than a minute on unscheduled pit stop, and then died in the last 3 miles. Enough of NYC for me, thank you very much.

D, very sorry about your asthma attack - what an unfortunate way to end a race 

Docket_Rocket

I told you last year it felt like a headwind the whole race! We have the same phenomenon in Miami. Twister winds.

congrats on the race, TO!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Found Lily's finish time, but ain't saying.

happylily

New York City, I did it my way, and I loved every minute of it.  It was everything I had imagined and much more. Thank you, New Yorkers! You are AWESOME!

TO, huge congrats! Fantastic time considering the murderous winds!

Damaris, so sorry about the DNF. :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

New York City, I did it my way, and I loved every minute of it.  It was everything I had imagined and much more. Thank you, New Yorkers! You are AWESOME!

Congrats! Can't wait for the RR! How do you feel?

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

TO, huge congrats! Fantastic time considering the murderous winds!

Damaris, so sorry about the DNF. :-(

Nice job Lily! Sad I didn't see you....what were you wearing?

Damaris sorry about the DNF Sad Glad I got to see you though first

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Congrats! Can't wait for the RR! How do you feel?

Thanks! I had a terrible cramp after mile 20. I needed medic help. but I was able to start again, although I had to slow down considerably. Now I feel great. Going out to eat in Soho! Talk later!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ric-G

congrats to all...sorry about the dnf D...have to catch up on the race...

marathon pr - 3:16

B-Plus

Tough conditions out there! I was thinking about you guys.

DR - Sorry about the asthma.

TO - Great time, congrats!

Lily - You really did do it your way.

Did I miss anybody?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

VeganAng was also there I got to see her Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to