Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins are Runnin' With the Devil... (Read 235 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Doc - We're running again tomorrow.  I'll see how everyone is doing.   Rumor has it that everybody has new shoes...YAY!!!

Dan - Is that what I think it is?  That is the awesomest award ever!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Kickass award Dan, congrats!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Way to go, Kristi!

Fantastic, Dave! Congrats!

I just got back from a 60 minute run. I covered 5.7 miles! Smile If I had known I was so close to 6 miles I would have kept going. And then I probably would have wanted to go for 6.2.  This was my longest run to date. I'm moving pretty slow now, so I guess it's good that I didn't keep going.

Looking forward to reading RRs!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Steph: Here you go. Are they acceptable?  

I will try to do a RR and RR (rock report) tomorrow.  

Quick version of RR: Because of the muddy conditions, the course was 2.95 miles and not the full 5k. I got sucked in the first mile, which was relatively flat, and did it in 6:25!!!  WAY TOO FAST!!  That was right at the bottom of the first hill. At the top my legs were on fire and my breathing was labored, and that is still with two big hills to go. I will try to get more pics later. I finished in 22:04, 7:21 average pace, I think. It was tough. DW ran a 25:38. Now it is laundry and nap time and tonight I will be rocking.  More later.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awesome socks, and run Jack.  You need video of the rock though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

hog4life

Hey everyone, when I got to 12 miles, I was still feeling good so, guess what! I ended with 13.11, a HM in the books, 2:13:47 for a 10:17 mm pace. Kara, I'm cheering with ya, is that okay?

Jen, I hope the 3-4 miles went well.

Kristi, way to go! Are you from MA?  I am a MA girl myself.

Mitch, what an awesome run!

Tracyilynn, you have not had a good week.  I hope that muscle stretches out as the day goes on.

Awood, I remember when you dropped from the full to the half.  Haha, you can tell we get a lot of our training advice from the same place.  However, I just finished a training book and it pretty much says more of the same advice I have gotten from the forums.  Granted the book goes into a little more detail about different speed workouts.

Dave, huge congratulations to you!

Liz, I don’t think you are that far off from me and Awood.  What are you at miles wise right now?  When is your half and when would the full be? 

Dan, I love the race prize! Congratulations!

Jack, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those socks!  Wow, even with a short course what a great time and that pace!

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Wow, I can't wait until later when I have a chance to read through all of the reports and updates, you guys are awesome & will really keep me on my toes!

Jerry...I'm not very good at gadgets and will probably ask the group for Garmin advice. I'm thinking the Forerunner 110, I believe that's the most basic. Which one are you considering? Are you buying it on-line or in-store, I'm not sure which is best...

Hey Doc...I posted a long rambling Undecided introduction a few days ago. I'd been lurking for months and followed you guys here when you moved from the other place (and I'm glad I did) Big grin

I'm not sure how to connect a link so I did a copy & paste. Run completed so off to do some Christmas shopping! Enjoy the rest of the day!

Brenda

topic

Here goes nothing! Hi...

Tweaky63

11/28/2012 at 12:07 PM

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Steph, no I am from near Lake George New York!! The DH is taking me to the aquarium for my birthday!! Haven't been in years!!! Actual time was 31.05! I came in right behind someone and that's what they recorded her time as, the have mine at 31.14 and there is no way, I think that was the girl I passed right before the finish!! So I am calling it 31.05!!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

i posted a RR for this morning's race right here. I think Doc said it and I will say it, too. I was having a tough time on the hills today and I was thinking about my DD and this group! You guys are great and keep me motivated. Thanks for helping me finish this tough race. You guys are the coolest.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Brenda - der, I knew I had read something but it was before you were established as a  Penguin. Wink  You and I are at about the same place, running-wise.  Congrats on  such a huge lifestyle change and losing the weight!

Steph - you can check out my running log which I finally got done moving over.  I was able to reach >30mpw in October after my injury and before my half.  November was a bust miles/wise .  I had to taper for the half and work also got insanely busy.  Which is great for my bottom line in the business but not so great for my running.  I'm starting to channel (I you  told you you inspired me!) and get up at 4:45 to do my horse chores for an hour then run for an hour before work.  Unfortunately that's not much time including warm upa nd cool down but I'm hoping it will enable me to start running some doubles. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, December 1st, 2012, I participated in the Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K in San Marcos, Texas.  The link to the report and photos is below.  Please fee free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Ace1fc9c4-d935-425b-8ecd-db60208a7d7a

I have race #70 for the year tomorrow night at 5 PM.  Race report to follow.

Watching Alabama and Georgia.  Don't like either team, but dislike Alabama more, so hope Georgia gets the win.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

On Saturday, December 1st, 2012, I participated in the Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K in San Marcos, Texas.  The link to the report and photos is below.  Please fee free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Ace1fc9c4-d935-425b-8ecd-db60208a7d7a

I have race #70 for the year tomorrow night at 5 PM.  Race report to follow.

Watching Alabama and Georgia.  Don't like either team, but dislike Alabama more, so hope Georgia gets the win.

Georgia...Bulldogs...dogs...Scotty.  Go Georgia!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

i ran the Savannah River Bridge Run this morning.  I ran the 5K leg of the race.  My finish time was 35:52 which I was happy with considering I never run on any kind of hills.  I finished 56/110 in my age group.

this was my first race using my Garmin and somehow I confused it at the start.  It took about 1.5 minutes to start moving from where I lined up at the gun.  There were just shy of 4,000 folks start.  i pressed start at the gun, mistake.  Evidently, it "auto-paused" and didn't move from there.  There was no recorded track when I downloaded it but it says I ran 7 miles????..  

Running for TJ because he can't.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Nice job Robert!  For having never run any kind of hills, and then finishing smack dab in the middle I'd say that's pretty darn good.  It's a good thing your legs didn't pause, and it was only the Garmin.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost