Beginners and Beyond

Whatta ya got weekend penguins? (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

DW said she read that kale was making a lot of people sick, from too many minerals. Have you heard that in your area? We are in north Alabama.

I read something like that, but that it was possible not that anybody had gotten sick. One of those if you eat a truckload of this you might get sick stories.

PADRunner

11.5 done for today. Now I'm thinking pancakes!

Good Luck D!

From the Internet.

Lauren - those muffins sound interesting.  I like corn muffins and I like fruit muffins, but I'm not sure about the combination.  Worth a try anyway. Good job on another long pool run.

Blueberry corn was one of my favorites way back in the day - I think berries in particular go nicely with the corn texture/flavor, I don't know how I'd feel about other fruits.

Family and I spent the afternoon at the in-laws' house yesterday - butternut squash lasagna for late lunch, homemade kombucha with ginger (was like really fancy ginger ale, so good!), some time in the pool, some time in the hot tub, and it's always nice to catch up since we don't see them nearly as often as we'd like. Perfect summer Saturday Smile

Today was an hour in the pool with 3x12 minutes tempo effort and some weights after.

Zelanie

Mmm, muffins, corn, and squash!

I am headed to brunch athe my sister's house. Maybe breakfast burritos?  I was able to fit in 3 this AM, planning for more tonight.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I hadn't heard that about kale!  I imagine it would require a lot of kale to make you sick.  Got a link?

Off to do 3 miles.  Official abbreviated half marathon training program starts today!

GinnyinPA

I already had my pancakes, since Jim made blueberry banana pancakes this a.m.  When that finishes digesting, I'll do a LR on the TM.  It's a typical hot and humid July day - not good for 2-3 hours in the sun.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in 3.3 miles with Angie & TJ this morning.  This is my first double digit miles week since mid-May.  I feel like I won a race or something...

Running for TJ because he can't.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Ginny, that sounds delicious.  Now I want pancakes. (at 2pm.)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

12.7 miles this morning. Most were fine but it started heating up and I started dying out there after mile 10. I need to consider bringing fuel and electrolytes with me on summer long runs - not just water. I lost about 4 lbs during my run despite drinking very frequently and I really felt like I was going to vomit during the last mile and a half of the run.  I've been salting up and rehydrating since then and I think I'm back to normal.  I

probably should avoid going out to dinner and splitting a bottle of wine with dh the night before a long run.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

I hadn't heard that about kale!  I imagine it would require a lot of kale to make you sick.  Got a link?

Off to do 3 miles.  Official abbreviated half marathon training program starts today!

Here's one. Link.