Beginners and Beyond

PSA for the ladies (Read 572 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Your shorts should cover the areas that touch.

@runjerseygirl

Your shorts never ride up when you run?

Do you even run?

Chairman

Mine go down, if anything ...

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

I guess I'm all sorts of backwards then.

Mine go down, if anything ...

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

My one pair does, but not high enough to cause chafing.

I like my Running Skirts athletic skirts. they go down to mid thigh and don't ride up at all (shorts underneath the skirt)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just had to check in and see what this was about. Now my question is, "Is the thigh the limit?" Wink

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

@runjerseygirl

Ha!  Nice one! Smile

Just had to check in and see what this was about. Now my question is, "Is the thigh the limit?" Wink

Do you even run?

Dear Lily,

Thank you for the new avatar.  The old one wasn't bad, but I had grown fond of the "old" old one, so thank you. (I mean this in a non stalker/creeper way.)

V/r,

Management

Anywhere you'd chafe, I suppose.  (For me, oddly, this is a recent development, but for some reason I've started chafing where the HRM sensor meets my skin.  BodyGlide is a miracle, it's true.)

Same here...

ETA- oops.  That was supposed to be quoting Lily.  I don't even own any body glide.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Misty

Here's the dealio with shorts. I find that the chaffing occurs when one side rides up just enough for my inner thigh to  continuously brush against the fabric from the shorts on the other leg. As opposed to skin on skin rubbing together. Maybe that's just me though. Anywho, I remedied that issue by wearing shorter shorts (2-3" inseam") or longer compression shorts (6-7") that won't ride up. If shorts are anywhere in between, it's guaranteed chaffing for me,

Misty

Bless your heart.

@runjerseygirl

Hi TMB!  My shorts are 3" inseam.  Usually when I use my BodyGlide, chafing isn't an issue.  I just happened to forget it yesterday.

Here's the dealio with shorts. I find that the chaffing occurs when one side rides up just enough for my inner thigh to  continuously brush against the fabric from the shorts on the other leg. As opposed to skin on skin rubbing together. Maybe that's just me though. Anywho, I remedied that issue by wearing shorter shorts (2-3" inseam") or longer compression shorts (6-7") that won't ride up. If shorts are anywhere in between, it's guaranteed chaffing for me,

Do you even run?

Misty

Hi TMB!  My shorts are 3" inseam.  Usually when I use my BodyGlide, chafing isn't an issue.  I just happened to forget it yesterday.

:snort: I wonder when TMB will stop being funny....not today!

Misty

Bless your heart.

Chairman

2-3" is a good inseam

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

NEVER! Big grin

:snort: I wonder when TMB will stop being funny....not today!

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

I shall leave this comment alone, lest I receive the wrath of catty.  Now pull up your shorts and gift me a land permit.

2-3" is a good inseam

Do you even run?