Beginners and Beyond

Boring title Tuesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Not exactly inspirational, is it?  Anyway, my party on Saturday was all kinds of lovely.  As Team Coordinator, I'm kind of in charge of getting a gift for the chorus to give to our director.  This year, knowing how much she LOVES elephants, we fostered a baby elephant for her through the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya.  She was completely overwhelmed, surprised, and said over and over how perfect the gift was!  So I count that as an unqualified success!!

Quartet rehearsal on Sunday also went well, which was nice given that we sang for our chorus last Thursday and crashed and burned big-time.  Nerves, probably.  So we sound pretty good, only not in front of people! 

And the contentious meeting wasn't bad either, which was a surprise.  Mostly the annoying woman's beef was with how a committee she was on handled a decision (basically the actual committee wasn't deciding anything, so the chair pretty much said, "Choose between these five options."  And then took all the votes that were submitted and chose that, even though not everybody chose to vote.  It seemed perfectly reasonable to me, but this lady had issues with it.  Which made me wonder why she was spouting off to the team, because we had nothing to do with that decision, but whatever.  I did some clarifications on how decisions were made, and we made sure that she felt like her concerns were heard, which was mostly what she was wanting, and now we all live happily ever after.  Hopefully.

So after the craziness of the weekend, I was grateful to have Monday off.  Jumping back into the nutso with both feet today!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights tonight.

HopesMom, some people criticize everything and are never happy.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I have a TM. That is all. See ya. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Woohoo!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Cindy - enjoy the new treadmill.  My new one should arrive tomorrow.

D - have fun with the pilates and weights. How is the leg today?

HopesMom - I'm glad your weekend was better than expected.  Good luck getting back into the swing at work.

RD for me, which is good since it's a dreary drizzly day.

Singer who runs a smidge

I have a TM. That is all. See ya. Smile

Woot!!

Docket_Rocket

Cindy - enjoy the new treadmill.  My new one should arrive tomorrow.

D - have fun with the pilates and weights. How is the leg today?

HopesMom - I'm glad your weekend was better than expected.  Good luck getting back into the swing at work.

RD for me, which is good since it's a dreary drizzly day.

Almost no pain.  I am getting twinges while walking every 10 minutes or so if I twist a certain way, but almost done with this pain.

Enjoy the RD!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Just found out today is Penguin Awareness Day.  Who knew??  And I settled for a Boring Title!