Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins are waiting for planes (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hmmm, I was Damarized by Scotty.

Jack, yes, he is coming but he has not run in weeks because his shins still hurt.

No you weren't, at least not consciously.  I re-posted your favorite photo from my report here for you....hoping to help make you feel better.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it... Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning!

2.25 miles and a 92sec plank done. Cutback week is officially over, and mileage ramps up this week. The combo of cutback week and my new shoes made me feel speedy today, and I'm excited for the week ahead.

Yesterday we went fishing, and the kids caught fish as fast as they could get their lines in the water. They had a blast! They caught catfish, sunfish, and crappies. We let them all go and went back to grandma and grandpa's house for steak.

Kristin - nice job on the 15K!!!

Traci - I hope your shin feels better quickly. Enjoy the BBQ!

Bin - Time to banish that cough. Feel better! Nice job getting those miles done.

Mitch - Good luck with the lawn. Way to get those miles in before church!

Jerry - Good morning!

Damaris - feel better!

Lauren - Nice run, way to go!

Good morning, Jack! Sounds like you've earned that nap after that training run, wow!

Scotty - Race yesterday and run today? Glad you had a break from the heat. Smile

Zelanie

Morning, penguins! I did my 2 minute plank, and am enjoying some coffee and a scone while watching the ocean. Smile

Mitch, Traci's challenge, as I understand it, is to plank every day. I just post my times because it keeps me honest. If I stop early, I have to admit it. I do wonder if I am not keeping my body low enough,  though.

SheCan

Morning Penguin friends!

kristin--See ya when you get to Atlanta.  Can't wait to read your RR and see all the pics.

tracilynn-- have fun with the kids @ the BBQ!   Thank you for the planks challenge.  I think this is good for me.

Bin-- great job on the 15.  Sure wish your cough would subside though.  Hang in there, and drink your orange juice.

Mitch-- hey ya, good job on your miles.   Wish I had a DH here to mow my grass, 'cause I'm not going to!  Holding the planks strengthens your core.  You could hold one position for a certain amount of time, and perhaps do it in a set of like 5, or you could change up the positions of the planks.  I've been doing the main position about 3 times a day at 90+ second  and will throw in the side planks occasionally.

Jerry-- good job on the miles.   Yeah, once the kids get a certain age, they tend to skip out on their old parents.  Or maybe that's just my kids...hmmmm....

Docket-- I'm sorry you weren't feeling well.  Hope your whole day isn't shot.  I also keep meaning to tell you that your new profile pic is just totally adorable.  Love your hair in it.

Lauren-- WTG!  Yes, you ARE a real runner.  You actually get out there and run.  Even injuries did not stop you.  Great job today!

Scotty-- i sure noticed that guy when I read your RR yesterday.  I think he's a bit thick to be LRB, but he sure is pretty and cut.  Glad you had a nicer cooler run today.

Jack-- dang!  That's an impressive run.   You've certainly earned breakfast out and then watching your sports!

Mickey-- Hi ya speedy!   Yesterday sounds like a blast.  Plus I like fishing, but I don't like eating fish.

Zelanie, ahhhh @ enjoying your scone and looking @ the ocean.  Sounds lovely lovely!  You should post us a pic or 2!

I had a god awful, horrible run today.  Our nice cool monsoon weather is over, and it was sunny and hot for my long run.  I struggled, and ended up walking a lot and was just miserable.  Ugh, just a really bad day.  Though, because I was so warm, I finally got brave enough to run in just the sports bra and shorts, because when I went by my house, I pulled that outer shirt off.  It really did help.  Just not enough, but at least I found out I could do it, and survive without the whole world pointing and laughing.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning, penguins! I did my 2 minute plank, and am enjoying some coffee and a scone while watching the ocean. Smile

Mitch, Traci's challenge, as I understand it, is to plank every day. I just post my times because it keeps me honest. If I stop early, I have to admit it. I do wonder if I am not keeping my body low enough,  though.

Do you get Russian River beer there?

Zelanie

Jerry, never had that beer. DH says his company has done some imaging work on the actual river, though.

Cherie- Yay for the sports bra run!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  I've felt tired the whole day so I assume some asthma issues might have also been at play.  Refueling and drinking water to feel OK for tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Scotty, cough started on Thurs.. keeping tab..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar