Beginners and Beyond

Sunday no Fun Day (Read 44 times)

LRB

Running with the SI issue could get painful (mainly hills). It was at its worst sitting, especially driving. I was almost in tears when a 90 minute drive turned to 3 1/2 hours due to snow.

I just couldn't run, sitting didn't bother mine. Running uphill was fine, downhills were the absolute worst!

LRB

It's been known to happen!  Like right now...

It's true! You crack me the hell up. lmao

Cyberic

There's a guy on the forums that ran 50km on his 50th birthday. On the treadmill. 

LtH ran 50 miles on his 50th.

On my 50th birthday, I doubt I'll make an exception from what I'll be doing then. If I'm still training, I'll do whatever the schedule mentions on that particular day, unless I have a huge party with lots of alcohol involved, then I'll move my schedule around to make sure I have an easy day or a rest day after. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I did my first 40 mile week around my 40th birthday. If I was gonna do 40k, I have 2 more years and I'll just do a 42k.

workinprogress11

There's a guy on the forums that ran 50km on his 50th birthday. On the treadmill. 

Masochist.

LRB

On my 50th birthday, I doubt I'll make an exception from what I'll be doing then. If I'm still training, I'll do whatever the schedule mentions on that particular day, unless I have a huge party with lots of alcohol involved, then I'll move my schedule around to make sure I have an easy day or a rest day after. 

Mine is in May, so I'm usually just running my typical 6 or 7 mile jog that morning. Unless it falls on a weekend, where speed work would be in order (I've never raced on my birthday).

Buried deep within the pages of the B & B, is a post by a former member who was going to run his mom's age on her birthday. I believe she was turning 70 something at the time, but unfortunately, he left before that day and never reported back.

bluerun

Super B****

Since I don't have a schedule... it's whatever I want it to be!  Though it would be nice if I were half my age...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I DNS'd a marathon on my 50th birthday.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did 18 with the last 8 @ MP.  I'm tired.  Have my VO2 Max on Wednesday so I didn't want to push a 20 today.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Back from Michigan. Checked out the Run Woodstock course again. This time the thunder storm waited till i was finished but it was HUMID. gah. I'm cursed for trail runs.  Anyway my pace stank and I wondered if I had any business out there. I was last again. But hey. I finished it and JUST LIKE THAT I'm TAPERING. 3 weeks until NC 24.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Back from Michigan. Checked out the Run Woodstock course again. This time the thunder storm waited till i was finished but it was HUMID. gah. I'm cursed for trail runs.  Anyway my pace stank and I wondered if I had any business out there. I was last again. But hey. I finished it and JUST LIKE THAT I'm TAPERING. 3 weeks until NC 24.

Woot!

Damaris