Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  I see when someone ELSE starts the thread, y'all are all chatty!!  Quartet rehearsal last night was quite good -- we have a gig on Feb 15th, but it's for an assisted living facility.  They asked for no love songs, since at that age there are more people who have lost loved ones than who are still starry-eyed with someone ... but most of our repertoire is love songs.  So we're basically going to do a "music through the ages" thing, and leave out the sappier stuff.  Chorus rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

Jerryb -- enjoy your outside 3!!

N-Bug -- yes, you need to come here more often!!  Have fun with W3D2!!

Jill -- hope things turn around for you, runningwise!!

Scotty -- Sounds like a nice run!!  Enjoy the easy one today!!

Docket -- DH made me a mix of brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, and whiskey.  I sipped on it constantly for the month or so that I was sick.  Not enough to impair reflexes or anything, but a swallow every few hours helped with the cough.

Anybody have superbowl plans?  We usually head over to friends' house, since they have two HUMONGOUS televisions (60-inch?  72?).  They make pecan-crusted chicken, and we usually take dessert of some kind.  This year I'm going to tackle rum cream pies!

Hmmm, sounds like something I want to drink.  Thanks!

Ran 6 on the TM, elected to nap on the 4 with hubby.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I'm still alive, currently roosting in a campground in Little Rock, Arkansas under a very noisy freeway.  However, it is next to a bike/running/walking trail along the river, so I got a nice run before dark.  I've managed to do all my runs so far this week, which is surprising given the uncertainties of travel. One run was on the Virginia Creeper Trail - a gravel rail trail in southern VA.  Another was at Natchez Trace state park in Tennessee, around the campground and picnic areas.  We got a nice short hike there this morning, on one of the trails by a lake. We had that campground entirely to ourselves.  Our method of travel is very slow, but we do get to stretch our legs often along the way.