Beginners and Beyond

Fauna Friday Penguins!! (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Except of course today, all I've seen is a robin and a fat squirrel.  But hey, the day is young!

Ginny, I think I went around a mile.  Yeah, I know.  But I'm still in suck mode, and I will not be in suck mode forever.  Eventually I will reach competency!

Chorus last night was all kinds of fun too -- the section leaders sang a new song as a quartet for our director, so she could make sure we were all singing the right notes and rhythms.  It was Happy Together, which is just a fun song to sing, and we all knew what we were doing, which also helps.  So woo-hoo for us!

Not much happening today, thankfully.  It's a tired Friday for me!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Another humid day. It was so hazy, we couldn't see the mountains. I think visibility was only about 5 miles. Jim had to take the other car to a mechanic, so I ran home through farmland on rolling country roads.Again, the first few miles were good - too good since I ran them too fast. The later miles were very slow as a result. But I managed to run 11.1 miles. It's supposed to get hotter again this weekend, so it will be back to the TM.

And as to fauna: I think I saw an oriole, or at least an orange and black bird, today, which I've never seen in this area before. I watched an Amish or Mennonite family move cows from one side of the road to the other (and was told to keep running as my presence might upset them), and spotted a new butterfly or moth while I was sitting by the side of the road catching my breath. Ben counts too - we spent the night taking him outside every hour or so. Evidently he ate something that didn't agree with him. Fortunately, between the panting and the faint whine, we always knew when it was time, but sleep was in short supply.