Beginners and Beyond

RR - Speer Elementary 1 mile (Read 51 times)

Sweet!

OA win for Lil'Slyette, and sub-5 is awesome too.  Excellent job to both of you.

PADRunner

Cruisin! Congrats to both of you!

hog4life

Congrats on the PR's for both of you.

Brilliant

What a great day for both of you!  Congrats!

happylily

That's absolutely awesome! Congratulations to both of you, rockstars!

You know, when I started reading your RR, I was going to chastise you with stuff like "You put too much pressure on your DD. Why do you teach her all that technical stuff she doesn't need to know yet?" Etc...etc... Then I read the conclusion and I was left feeling like my initial thoughts were all BS. You obviously know how to be a good father to your little DD and that's very impressive.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

I have an 8 yo daughter and I thought her RR was so cool! I liked the part where she reeled in the 3 boys to finish 1st! Way to go!!!

Oh, and congrats to you too on a great sub 5!!! Wink

I enjoyed her story more because I don't get to read RRs from kids' races much. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Congrats to both!  Glad your daughter made it to the race and won her heat!  That is awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congratulations, speedy!  always good to get a new digit in front of your PR. Smile

I'm glad your DD got to have a good race after all of the pre-race nerves.  Hopefully she will have that memory to draw on in the future.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I really do my best to not pressure.

She trains with our group but coach is very quick to tell her to go play or give her more *if* she wants it.

My only rigid rules involve following through. If she is aiming to do something I resist as firmly as possible about her backing out.

( obviously I won't make her do something if it will be a horrible experience)

(It is a constant worry on my mind.)

That's absolutely awesome! Congratulations to both of you, rockstars!

You know, when I started reading your RR, I was going to chastise you with stuff like "You put too much pressure on your DD. Why do you teach her all that technical stuff she doesn't need to know yet?" Etc...etc... Then I read the conclusion and I was left feeling like my initial thoughts were all BS. You obviously know how to be a good father to your little DD and that's very impressive.

As as far as technical, you should hear her casually critic passing runners!

'her arms are too high' ... 'Not relaxed' etc...

'she looks smooth'

Thanks all!

MI_Tim

:whistles:

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**