Beginners and Beyond

Apparently the Apocalypse is boring (Read 400 times)

Love the Half

We have to wait for the Mayan time zone.  Sheesh.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

xor

Just an FYI: My brother lives in Spain, and 9 minutes into the End of Days, is immensely bored with it.  Evidently it's not very exciting.  Carry on.

Wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat?

Nothing up my sleeve.

PRESTO!

(RAWR)

Looks like it's time to get a new hat!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

So what time, exactly, is the world going to end tomorrow? Because, I have a long run scheduled and I would like to finish it before the SHTF!!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

We googled it at work, and the Dr I work for has decided that it will happen at 6:11 eastern time tomorrow morning! He looked at quite a few different websites! Lol! However we planned an "end of the world" ice cream party, just in case we are all still here at noon!

Sorry to debunk all of your scientific research (Wink) but it's not 6:34 AM (EST) and I'm still here.  

Although, it is quite rainy and windy out.  The dogs won't even go outside.  I hope they don't pee in the house.  Or I will be their apocalypse. Angry

Do you even run?

Revenge of the Nerd

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Just an FYI: My brother lives in Spain, and 9 minutes into the End of Days, is immensely bored with it.  Evidently it's not very exciting.  Carry on.

I dunno, Kay, it was a bit exciting on the other thread for a few minutes with you and LRB putting your asses out in public.   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

I dunno, Kay, it was a bit exciting on the other thread for a few minutes with you and LRB putting your asses out in public.   Wink

What can I say?  He brings out the best in me, LOL! Wink

Do you even run?

Little Blue

Rats.  Now I have to clean my bathrooms.  I was holding off, just in case.

xor

Rats.  Now I have to clean my bathrooms.  I was holding off, just in case.

If you have rats, it is definitely time to clean.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If you have rats, it is definitely time to clean.

Make them clean. It's probably their mess anyway. On a totally irrelevant note, rats is star spelled backwards. 

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Buelligan

The same thing happened on New Years Eve morning Y2K. 

Funny thing about Y2K... the biggest New Years Eve celebration ever and I fell asleep at 10pm that night.  Not passed out drunk or anything, just really sleepy.  I woke up at 12:01 when I heard fireworks go off... my electric clock/radio was still working so I went back to sleep.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Make them clean. It's probably their mess anyway. On a totally irrelevant note, rats is star spelled backwards. 

Well, Tums is Smut spelled backward.  What the heck goes on in your stomach after eating those?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

xor

Buy a box of doo dads.  Turn it upside down.

spap oop

You're welcome.

(I will now finally explain this joke, which I use A LOT.  For those who don't know, "doo dads" is a candy/popcorn creation not unlike cracker jack, but also not the same.  The joke is an "engrish" thing because the shop owner who was not American and didn't know the term "doo dads" thought that "spap oop" made just as much sense and therefore displayed all the boxes upside down.)

((before you explain to me that the boxes have lots of little writing that would make this clear, yes I know.))

Rich Hall started this joke back in the early 80s when he spotted a spap oop display.  He turned it into this much longer bit in 1983.  As an ESL kid who became fascinated with language, this was always goofy to me.