Beginners and Beyond

The Tuesday after Penguins (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The Tuesday after a 3 day weekend, in my case 4, just never feels right.

6 miserable miles this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 6.  I am at work and don't want to be here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

5 on the treadmill later today.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Worked last night and was supposed to do 8 with 6 at HM pace,but my tummy said no. After a couple of PM calls, I called it, and ended up with 4.5. I have one more night shift and we'll be leaving for our runcation. Lots of taper this week in hopes it nets a strong race.

From the Internet.

I ran a little this morning. It was humid.

Kid was limping last night and still limping this morning, complaining about pain in her thigh, so she's going to the doctor this afternoon. She ran around outside a *lot* at a cookout we went to on Sunday but didn't complain about the pain or start limping until last night so I don't know if it's related to just doing too much on Sunday, or if it's something worse. I made the mistake of googling "leg pain in child limping" so I'm a little freaked out right now - hoping it's just a muscle strain or something, but there are some scary differential diagnoses for leg pain that causes limping with no other symptoms Sad

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I am scrambling today, and will be for the rest of the week.  I have a metric ton of stuff to do today, and basically none of it can be handled by my tech.  Then I have a special seminar to attend tonight, and in-house training the rest of the week.  Busy busy!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good gravy, 70 posts already!

Yesterday I did a VERY hilly 5-miler at a local winery.   There was no flat place on this whole dang course.  The reward afterwards was a great after-party at the winery.....free wine, food, etc.   Report and photos here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d467fc89553544f0bef6a2ffce4779b2/resume#focus

This morning before work I did a very easy 3.1 miles on the flattest roads I could find....but my legs still felt those hills from yesterday, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Lauren, hope the kidlet is OK.

5.3 easy done this morning before it got too hot (100 here every day this week!).  I'm headed for afterschool program shortly.  The building is made of cinderblocks and it's like a freakin' oven in the heat; I hope they have the AC cranked up.

From the Internet.

Back from the hospital, finally. Got sent there after the initial pediatrician visit and the kid is OK. She's still limping a little, but bloodwork and X-rays ruled out some of the most unpleasant possibilities (inflamed joint, arthritis, Lyme disease, acute leukemia). Ibuprofen for the next couple days and call pediatrician on Thursday morning to check in.

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Got in 2 miles early this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.