Beginners and Beyond

Get Dirty Fall Trail 15k Race RR (Two Badass Floater Pics on Page 3) (Read 88 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was a little nervous this morning, but my main plan was to enjoy the race and finish it. My big goal was to place in the top 3 in females, so I was hoping there wasn't a whole lot of women in the 15k distance. It was 55 degrees when I got up so I wore my shorts, short sleeves and my new shoes. Mom came over to watch Dorian, even though it was warm enough it was still damp and I didn't want him out in it.

It was about 57 degrees when we got to Angel Mounds, but the windchill definitely made it a bit nipply. I was looking around, there wasn't a lot of runners so I was hoping and praying that I might place in the top 3.

We started off at 9 a.m for the first 5k lap, I didn't want to go too fast because I figured most people were doing the 5k and very few were running the 15k (I was hoping).

Mile 1 - 8:50

Mile 2 - 9:06

Mile 3 - 9:12

I saw quite a few people dropping off at the 5k mark, the two women who had gotten in front of me were still ahead but I think one of them had dropped at the 5k mark. Around 3.5 on the levee I saw the other woman up ahead about 50-75 feet but I was still hoping she was doing the 10k. I was still doing really good, the trails were awesome and I pulled my shirt off around 3.3 miles.

Mile 4 - 9:00

Mile 5 - 9:17

Mile 6 - 9:15

A lot more people had dropped off at the 10k finish, so I was feeling more and more positive that I was going to place well. I could no longer see the other woman so I hoped and prayed she had dropped at the 10k distance. I was feeling a little more tired, as I got back into the woods I walked for a few seconds before saying screw it and started back up with running. I told myself I only had one more lap to run and I would be done, I could keep this pace and not let anybody pass me. I was thinking to myself "I could run a 13.1 mile race out here", I could hear someone way back behind me but I didn't see this other girl until after mile 8 but luckily she was in the relay so she wouldn't count in the overall 15k distance.

Mile 7 - 8:50

Mile 8 - 9:23

Mile 9 - 9:13

.3      -  8:02

It took a lot to keep going even when I wanted to walk, as I came up on the finish I kept wondering where I had placed but felt great to finish. I finished the 9.3 miles in 1:24:04 with an average pace of 9:02 min/mile.

Finish Results:

Chip Time: 1:24:18

Overall in 15k: 5th out of 19

Female: 2nd out of 8

The woman who had stayed ahead of me from the start had won 1st place overall in the female group for the 15k distance, DH said she finished about 10 minutes before me. I am still happy that I placed in the top 3, I placed 2nd for women and 5th out of 19 runners in the 15k distance. Awesome.

Edited: Images that DH took of me

I'd like to think that one was a floater but you can't tell with the grass. This was at the finish.

Me rocking my 2nd place bling Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job on your race! Splits look pretty tight also. I think when you stopped to walk your new shoes said "Let's go! I want to keep running!"

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol thanks, Smile I don't really enjoy walking when I should be running. I am like 10x slower at a walk than I am running, it almost feels like I have come to a complete stop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

obiebyke

Incredible race! Congratulations! 2nd place is awesome.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Cool Thank you, 2nd place is always awesome Smile

Incredible race! Congratulations! 2nd place is awesome.

PRs

Mmmmm...beer

It was the sexy shoes. Big grin  Great job!  Huge congrats on 2nd place OA!! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Andrea!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol thanks, I do think the sexy shoes helped me a lot Wink

Thank you D!

PRs

RSX

Congrats Andrea!! You are having a great year. Cool shoes!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you Mike, 2013 has definitely been a great year for me that is for sure. I think my last race this year is Thanksgiving's 24th Annual Turkey Dash 5k, maybe I will have some luck in my age group Smile

PRs

Good job. let us know how the turkey trots go

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am going to give that Turkey Dash 5k  everything I've got, with it being my last race of this year.  I think my sig line has ran out of room............

PRs

hog4life

Definitely the shoes, congrats Andrea on the 2nd place.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you, I am officially in love with the shoes Big grin

Definitely the shoes, congrats Andrea on the 2nd place.

PRs

Zelanie

Congratulations on second place!  Well done!  Love how you use the competition around you for motivation in your races.