Beginners and Beyond

Week 13 Penguins make up their own holidays! (03/25-03-31) (Read 16 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Pigeon pose is not one of the easier ones!  Try the one that's something like half lord of the fishes instead?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Pigeon pose is great for the piriformis pain I get from time to time, but as I can't quite get all the way to the ground, my hands are helping balance/support me, not up in the air over my head per the true pose.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

I love the pigeon pose but I agree, it's hard.

Morning!  I have Court, and 14 miles (probably also weights) later.  I WFH once I finish court, so I should be able to start the 14 earlier.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Good luck in Court.

Today is either a rest day or 4 miles. Sciatica is still there, but it's at a much lower level of discomfort. Walking yesterday helped, and I was able to do 6 on the TM, but had a couple of moments when it felt like my leg wasn't going to hold me up.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have Pilates and weights tonight.

Ginny, which one did you decide yesterday.  Hoping the sciatica feels better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ginny, what do you think triggered your sciatica and how do you treat it?  I think I aggravated mine shoveling snow and am not sure of the best way to resolve it.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

GinnyinPA

D - I ended up running 5 yesterday, so today was 40 minutes on the bike and some yoga.

Fred - I'm not sure about what caused it, except it might have been moving wrong while doing yoga the other day. Usually I get it when we're doing long drives and I am sitting for hours at a time. Walking usually helps, along with Advil and sometimes heat. I was lucky this time because it went away in two days. Each time I walked or ran it felt a little better.