Beginners and Beyond

Week 31: Penguins are kicking back with a paperback! (07/29-08/04) (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I would've gotten poured on and thundered at when I left work yesterday, so I felt justified in not cycling.  Of course it's sunny this morning, but supposed to be nasty again this evening.  I keep reminding myself that next week is another week, with much less chance of rain.  And still another week or so before the students start coming back, which will present its own problems.  It's all good.

All the stuff is in to HR regarding my new hire.  Just waiting now for them to certify that everything was done decently and in order.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cardiology appointment yesterday. Just annoys me. I know my Cardiologist has a good heart - no pun intended, lol - and is looking out for my best interest in her best medical opinion, but it's like every time I go there, they always find something else, good grief. Now they want me to do a sleep study and I still have to go chat with the pacemaker people and yada yada yada. Oh well. And then this morning, I get up way early - was out running before 6 a.m. - and end up doing 3.5 miles, averaging 10:46 per mile and feeling great! What heart problem? Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Your heart has always been in the right place, Scotty!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I wondered what was up about your pacemaker. You said it was a possibility, but then I was gone for 3 months so wasn't sure whether or not you had done it. Given teh number of races you've done this year, it seemed very unlikely.

No run for me today, but I did do half the lawn. Jim gets to do the other half. I was drenched after just 45 minutes.

Singer who runs a smidge

No riding again today, and none tomorrow.  90% chance of rain both days, plus I'm carrying a carpool passenger tomorrow, which makes things a bit more complicated.  No worries, though, next week looks good.

Our church is interviewing for a new music minister, so last night I went to choir practice (not usually held in the summer) and sang as a kind of demo choir for two candidates.  One would work out great, I think, and the other not so much.  Two more interviews on Friday, but I think we'll get someone out of these four candidates who will fit in just fine.  If they get someone on Friday who's better than the one candidate from Wednesday, I don't know how they'll decide!  Luckily it's not my decision.

Speaking of decisions, I'm told my lab tech is down to final HR approval, then I can make a verbal offer.  Hope the candidate I picked accepts, otherwise I have to restart my hoop jumping!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a migraine, sigh.  But feeling better and, since I'm working from home today, I can work through it.  I have Pilates tonight and that's it.

HopesMom, yay.  Good luck with the new person.

Scotty, lol.

Ginny, that is good cross training.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Just made a verbal offer to my candidate of choice!  If the candidate accepts, HR will send a contract and initiate a background check.  If all that goes well, then I'll spill the beans as to whom I chose. 

Docket_Rocket

Just made a verbal offer to my candidate of choice!  If the candidate accepts, HR will send a contract and initiate a background check.  If all that goes well, then I'll spill the beans as to whom I chose. 

Woot! Yes, please. We want to know, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

One last rainy day headed toward a sunnier week next week, thank goodness!!  Tonight we have two more church choir director interviews, so we'll see how that goes.  I'll meet DH at the church a bit early, he's picking up dinner.  Then I'll sing for a bit, tell the committee what I think (along with the rest of the choir), and head home for a lovely weekend!!

By golly it better be lovely!  I'm getting tired of rain!

GinnyinPA

Given that the forecast here is for around 90 degrees with high humidity, so a feels like of 98 and 100, I'm not especially thrilled about this weekend's weather. I hope yours is better. Enjoy. I hope you find a good choir director. That can make such a difference, both for the singers and the congregation.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! It’s my Friday off so I slept in. We had Pilates earlier and I have 8 tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Afternoon! It’s my Friday off so I slept in. We had Pilates earlier and I have 8 tonight.

I hope you had a good day off. As busy as you've been, a long weekend is probably welcome.