Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. Busy night last night. Woke up too early. Bring on the coffee.....

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie, apparently, I have a great tolerance to cold.  I was in Feels like 2F in Chicago at 11pm standing outside the car rental company with my coat open and hubby had to tell me to get in because it was cold.  I was like I don't feel it, I'm fine.

URD.  I twisted my foot the other day and have done 2 runs with it painful, including a fast run, so rest is required.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yo. Busy night last night. Woke up too early. Bring on the coffee.....

*passes Puerto Rican coffee to Pam pronto*

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!  We made it home yesterday ahead of the snow storm.  My daughter was a trooper on the ride home and put up with being int eh car the whole time and not having to stop much.

722 mlles
          11 hours total travel time

10:10 driving time

50 minutes stopped for fuel, drive thru lunch, and restroom stops

67.5 MPH average total speed

72 MPH average moving speed

Cruise control was set at 80 MPH for most of the trip, had to hammer on it a few times in passing situations as some of the stupid fuckers would get out in the left lane 1/4 mile ahead of passing someone and hang up BIG lines of cars.  Jump in the clear right lane and sail as far as you can then nose over in a gap.  GPS said we hit 97 on one of those sailing trips.

BUT . . . . . we were less than 10 minutes from home when the snow flurries started.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

After spending the week in Georgia and then coming home to 10+ inches of snow and a forecast for tomorrow of -40F windchill, I no longer like Indiana and REALLY hope i get the job in Rome, GA and we move south for the rest of our lives.

Damaris, you are NUTS for wanting to move to Chicago.

Docket_Rocket

Morning all!  We made it home yesterday ahead of the snow storm.  My daughter was a trooper on the ride home and put up with being int eh car the whole time and not having to stop much.

722 mlles
              11 hours total travel time

10:10 driving time

50 minutes stopped for fuel, drive thru lunch, and restroom stops

67.5 MPH average total speed

72 MPH average moving speed

Cruise control was set at 80 MPH for most of the trip, had to hammer on it a few times in passing situations as some of the stupid fuckers would get out in the left lane 1/4 mile ahead of passing someone and hang up BIG lines of cars.  Jump in the clear right lane and sail as far as you can then nose over in a gap.  GPS said we hit 97 on one of those sailing trips.

BUT . . . . . we were less than 10 minutes from home when the snow flurries started.

I hate when those idiots make a traffic jam.

I wouldn't mind moving to Chicago or where it snows or whatever.  It was still 84F and 73 dewpoint two days ago here and my lungs can really use a change of weather.  Permanently.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Tonight's actual temp is forecast for -14F.  Monday the high will be below zero and the windchills will be -40 or lower.  Your asthma won't like that either.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Thanks for the coffee, Damaris!

Gonna go to bed soon.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Tonight's actual temp is forecast for -14F.  Monday the high will be below zero and the windchills will be -40 or lower.  Your asthma won't like that either.

I have experienced up to 4F and the asthma was fine.  It depends on what triggers the asthma has.  Mine is humidity and dustmites which cannot exist in cold weather.  Some people cannot do cold weather; some people can.  I think I would be able to.  Husband would not.  I don't think Chicago is on the list any longer.  Or anything around there. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well school is cancelled for my daughter on Monday and then temps are heading towards already here.  Blowing like a mother fucker as well right now.

Docket_Rocket

Stay inside!  And warm!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I wouldn't be amused with that weather, at all Doug

Marjorie

Singer who runs a smidge

After spending the week in Georgia and then coming home to 10+ inches of snow and a forecast for tomorrow of -40F windchill, I no longer like Indiana and REALLY hope i get the job in Rome, GA and we move south for the rest of our lives.

Damaris, you are NUTS for wanting to move to Chicago.

Rome is gorgeous, if I remember right, and far enough into north Georgia that you'd still get some snow and humidity relief in summer.  Hope it works out for you!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, I tried to send you a PM.  Did it go through?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Wandering Wally

Snow.  Blowing Snow.  Cold.  Happy Monday.  I know this is unusually cold for lots of people.  For my neck of the woods, it's to be expected in January/February to get weather like this.  Cover up when outside.  Frostbite is no fun.  Hypothermia is no fun either.  Dress in layers.  Keep moving.  Stay dry.  Once inside, some hot soup or tea really hits the spot.  Stay hydrated.  This cold, dry air just sucks the moisture out of a person.

Doug - Glad you got home safe.

Damaris - Sorry Chicago won't work out.  Minneapolis is probably right out then :-)  I prefer Minneapolis/St. Paul to Chicago, but winter is longer and colder in the Twin Cities.  How about Seattle or Portland?  Cooler, but not so extreme as Chicago?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast