Beginners and Beyond

Back to work Tuesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still."

-Chinese proverb

PADRunner

Morning penguins, back to work today. Group run tonight

Bin Running

Morning PAD.. Enjoy the group run..

6easy for me this morning.. Will be on later shift this month. Based on previous stats, not a good month to clock mileage.. Will see..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

Good Morning PAD and Bin! 3.38 in the books for me. It was a 45 minute tempo and I did it on my trail, so super slow. Less than 3 weeks until my first HM.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  First day of school for the kids today- wish me luck!

After work I have 11 miles planned with 2 x 3 miles @ 10 sec faster than marathon pace.  The good news is- just two intervals!  Finish one and I'm halfway done, right? Smile

PAD- Enjoy the group run!

Bin- Hope the late shift goes OK!

SF- Nice work on the tempo!  You have been working so hard, you'll be ready for your HM.

D- Welcome back to town.  Hopefully I will get a chance to read your RR tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Labor Day is over...back to work Penguins!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was going to run after work today but the local weather folks changed my forecast....only 97 degrees....but a heat index of 105 today is a bit much even for me!  So it was another early morning run today.  My chosen site for this day was Fort Sam Houston.  Very nice run/walk of 38 minutes/ 3.3 miles for me.  Lots of active duty military folks and retirees and civil service workers out doing their thing too at 5 in the morning, so I had lots of company.    I only had one "ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!" - problem.....after my chest workout within my weight training session yesterday, this morning on my run/walk my  "moobs" (man-boobs)  were sore every time they 'bounced'.....ouch ouch ouch! 

Happy group run, PAD!

Get the mileage in while you can, Bin, before the shift work starts.

Slow, schmow...you got out there and you did it, StoneFence, tha's what counts.

How you can run 7 miles, Damaris, after being pilates-tortured......good luck!

Gee, Zelanie, shouldn't we be wishing the kids good luck?    You may need your run after the first day back!   Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!  It's definitely back to work, but that means only nine working days until BEACH VACATION!!  So I think I'll make it.  No WAW today, it was 90 degrees when I got here this morning.  Blech!  So maybe office yoga instead -- I've slacked on that, and my body knows it.  

PAD -- have a good group run!!

Bin -- hope the shift change goes ok!!

Stone -- woo-hoo for your tempo run!!

Docket -- have a good Pilates and 7!!

Zelanie -- good luck with the kids!!

Scotty -- love the penguins!!  Sorry about the moobs!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Good luck to the teachers who get to start anew today.

PAD - enjoy your group run.  I wish I could do that, but the local club runs really early in the a.m. and I'm not a morning person.

Bin - did you do your HM this weekend?  Good luck adjusting to the change in schedule.

Scotty - nice to be out running with other people.  I rarely see anyone on my runs.

Stonefence - trail running is almost always slow.  More hills are good though and it trains you to pick up your feet, which is good for building muscles.  Is your race a trail race?

Damaris - both running and Pilates?  Good job.

Melanie - those intervals will be easy.  It's slower than a tempo run.

HopesMom - yoga sounds like a good idea, unless it cools off during the day.

AFM:  hot and humid here, but there are storm clouds about so it may cool off enough to run outside.  One way or another, I'll do some miles today.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's 97 out there now, though apparently not too humid.  I've been doing more administrative stuff than science today -- pulling together info about my charges to external investigators for the university's tax forms, getting all the ducks in a row to bill a new (external) customer, and fussing with a professor about a disputed invoice.  Apparently his grad student didn't have authorization to use his money.  Our take on it is that it's not our problem if he didn't have authorization, he incurred the charges.

Life is never dull!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I did 5 very humid miles between thunderstorms.  The heat really got to me but it was still a good run.  Got caught 1/2 mile from home in a downpour.  Jim drove out to look for me but I still got soaked.  Beautiful rainbow though.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles for us on the bike path.  Much cooler today so we decided on a longer route.   We got a little startled by a deer standing right next to the path.  She never flinched, but I did.  Fortunately, she didn't chase us.  Then I had to stop to take a plumber call, then a pOp stop, so it was a Run/Stop kind of run.  No wonder I wasn't tired.  Now I can go back to worrying about my sump pump.  Apparently it can take the village 4 weeks to issue a permit to dig up the street, so I can pay to fix the sewer connection on village property.

Glad you had a good time at Disney, DR.

Robert31320

Team TJ

RD for me.

Routine doctor appointment this afternoon.  All bloodwork is perfect!  It's nice when you go and they can't find anything for you to follow-up on.

Running for TJ because he can't.