Beginners and Beyond

Hannaford Half Marathon RR (Read 47 times)

Zelanie

Congrats on holding strong and giving it all you had!  It sounds like a nice course, too, except for that silly early loop.

Loops plus tree cover makes me think that it missed some turns completely and that threw everything off.  If you have customizable screens on your Garmin, you can set one to always show current lap distance and use manual lap.  I have a screen like that which I use for workouts and times that it's not helpful to think about anything other than my current segment, and that came in really handy in my trail race when the totals were off but I could do manual lap.

on my way to badass

In the pink

If this works,

I'm in the pink.

Pics were taken after a timing mat apparently.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

onemile

If this works,

I'm in the pink.

Pics were taken after a timing mat apparently.

on my way to badass

How'd you do that?

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

onemile

How'd you do that?

You linked to the website instead of to the image itself. So I followed your link and grabbed the link to the image:

http://www.albanyrunningexchange.org/productions/photos/6150/20m/IMG_4911.jpg

on my way to badass

I give up.  Working from my phone is not working for me.

onemile

I give up.  Working from my phone is not working for me.

The link you used was https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B63zsGU6KynXeDh2Ul9uTWZDZWs/view

The one you want to use is https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1PQtSRSLX9yPFxL366RVm5darSu2dqdB3pXj1JmlBWA82YlJ1Ar5_kEcGDCaD2CWuyPKauFTY1kKqRc=w1680-h984

I'm not sure if it's the same on your phone but I can click on the image in your first link and choose 'copy image address' to get the right link

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"The volunteer in the chute said I could sit down in a wheelchair.  Uh, no.  It made me wonder how bad I looked."

OK, I'm sorry, but this made me laugh out loud.  I've had races like that, lol, with volunteers asking at the finish...are you okay, do you need a medic?  And gee, I thought I was feeling pretty good, lol.

Congrats on your half!  Sorry about the Garmin being off.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice job racing yourself to near collapse.

Absolutely.

on my way to badass

I did it!

I uploaded a picture!  See above.  It's not me, it's the phone.  I did it from a computer, and no problem.

LRB

I did it!

I uploaded a picture!  See above.  It's not me, it's the phone.  I did it from a computer, and no problem.

lol

on my way to badass

Early on picture.  No floater.

Early on