Beginners and Beyond

Thought That The SUNDAILIES Were In Your Imagination, Huh? (Read 180 times)

seeamyrun

Good afternoon runner!

Basya...congrats, nice job on your run!!!

Damaris....nice job on your race. Congrats on the new PR and yeah for no asthma problems.

RMT3B...hope you feel better, good luck on your run. Nice miles this week!

17.5 mile LR for me today. One more week and I get to start tapering...whoop!!! Nice hot shower and an afternoon of photo editing from a shoot today.

Have a great one! 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hello people! I did 10 this morning (8 were with my RP). We passed a local running celebrity this morning so I said "Hey, Kathleen! How are ya!" and she responded in kind. We've never been formally introduced but I recognized her because she wins almost every race she enters, ha. I hope she didn't think I was a weirdo.

jneilt, great job on the progression run!

Amy, for which kind or race are you training?

April, aren't nice surprises like that cool?

Rick, thank you for the encouragement and the perspective.

Weights and push-ups are done. Abs will be done sometime later. I'm off to Marshall's for a little treatSmile

Ball of Fury

Ugh!  This was a painful run right from the beginning...my ITB was so tight, I could feel it all the way down my leg.  I gutted it out for 16 miles and then just couldn't take it anymore...there were involuntary tears running down my face Sad!  So, I limp/wogged the mile home and called it quits.  I was supposed to do 16 next weekend before the taper so hopefully, I can get my 20 miler in then.  If it hadn't been for the ITBS, it would have been a good run.  My average pace was 9:45 and I felt pretty good except for my right leg.  I will be doing lots of foam rolling and stretching this week.  The 16 puts me at 50 for the week, so not terrible.  Sorry I don't have time for personals, we have to go take pictures before it gets dark...I am going to be in a calendar for my obstacle course racing team, which I find to be hilarious, but it's for charity so I will deal with it.  Thanks for the encouragement guys and nice job on your runs/races.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

@runjerseygirl

I hope your ITB starts feeling better soon, Ami.  Good luck with the recovery.

Do you even run?

B-Plus

Basya - Great job on the 17 miles!!

Docket - Congrats on the PR. I'll read the RR later.

I ran 4.5 @ 8:55. That's 72.8 miles for the week. That's an extra 9 minutes and .8 miles less than last week, but I'm not concerned about pace right now.

(((Ami))) I hope your ITB stops giving you trouble ASAP.

B-Plus, what a pace! I hope that I can make it there someday.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh!  This was a painful run right from the beginning...my ITB was so tight, I could feel it all the way down my leg.  I gutted it out for 16 miles and then just couldn't take it anymore...there were involuntary tears running down my face Sad!  So, I limp/wogged the mile home and called it quits.  I was supposed to do 16 next weekend before the taper so hopefully, I can get my 20 miler in then.  If it hadn't been for the ITBS, it would have been a good run.  My average pace was 9:45 and I felt pretty good except for my right leg.  I will be doing lots of foam rolling and stretching this week.  The 16 puts me at 50 for the week, so not terrible.  Sorry I don't have time for personals, we have to go take pictures before it gets dark...I am going to be in a calendar for my obstacle course racing team, which I find to be hilarious, but it's for charity so I will deal with it.  Thanks for the encouragement guys and nice job on your runs/races.

Sorry to hear about your ITB.

I have been in bed most of the afternoon.  The migraine I had at 5am came back with a vengeance.  Hopefully it will alleviate before tonight.  Dexter's season finale is on then. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I did 2.28 this morning. I wanted to run more than that, but ran out of time. I spent most of yesterday doing birthday party stuff, so today I needed to get down to business on finishing up my last assignments that are due tonight. It will be nice to have one less thing on my plate. Smile

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Rain set in all day, and it's still coming down. I settled to 4 miles on the treadmill this afternoon, easy pace.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

I did 2.28 this morning. I wanted to run more than that, but ran out of time. I spent most of yesterday doing birthday party stuff, so today I needed to get down to business on finishing up my last assignments that are due tonight. It will be nice to have one less thing on my plate. Smile

Did you break your streak or have you been able to continue it?  I know you had a day where you were debating whether to run.  And how are you feeling?  I saw the no more Nyquil post.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ugh, DamarisSad I hope you have relief from the migraine soon.

FlippyNoodle, great job running today. I should be so motivated when I'm pressed for time.

Tom, when you do an easy run on the TM, do you stay at the same pace? Or do you gradually increase the speed as you continue?

Abs are done. Now, dinner and leafing through Supervixen for ways to tweak my weight training.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, DamarisSad I hope you have relief from the migraine soon.

FlippyNoodle, great job running today. I should be so motivated when I'm pressed for time.

Tom, when you do an easy run on the TM, do you stay at the same pace? Or do you gradually increase the speed as you continue?

Abs are done. Now, dinner and leafing through Supervixen for ways to tweak my weight training.

Can you send me a sixpack while you're at it?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Can you send me a sixpack while you're at it?

+1

Do you even run?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Did you break your streak or have you been able to continue it?  I know you had a day where you were debating whether to run.  And how are you feeling?  I saw the no more Nyquil post.

Today marked day 26 in the streak. Unfortunately, my mileage is not what I would have liked and I have resorted to invoking the minimum more often than I planned, but those days would have been a big fat zero, so it's better than nothing. My nose is still a little stuffy, but I am feeling much better. Thanks for asking. Smile