Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

I don't think the air is the problem. Cry  It does make it worse, though.

D...at least all days aren't that bad for you. Maybe one day Miami will fix its air!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Oh Heidi, I have no doubt you can do 3:14. Because if you can't, you would not be doing the runs you have been doing with such ease. The only thing that could cost you a 3:05 or better is n00b mistakes. Which is why you should race. New runners get better at racing by racing. And racing under distance is actually great marathon preparation.

I like to try to get at least one race in during marathon prep to just to get some of the race day jitters out of the way. Sometimes I'll even grab a drink during a shorter race just to practice drinking out of those stupid little cups.

My distance and pace ended up being exactly the same as last weekend - 15.4 @ 8:53.

BruceD555

20 miles at 7:24 pace (OMG!). This is what happens when you run your LR with a 1:05 HMer and a 2:44 FMer!

OK, My apologies to everyone else for not hitting personals this time but I hit this post and couldn't read any further through the thread.

Heidi, that is simply amazing! What an incredible feeling you must have right now after holding that pace for a TRAINING run. You are so incredibly gifted to have both endurance AND rapidly improving speed. I keep reading of tempo runs and MP runs and now THIS. What an amazing training cycle you are having this time around with Pfitz. I just hope you can keep steady in training and not push too hard/too fast as you prep for Green Bay. I'm thinking that by the time we run Lakefront you'll have finished, cooled down, gotten a massage gone through Discovery World with your boys and eaten lunch by the time I cross the line. (And I have latent aspirations of BQ that day) I've said it before and I'll say it again now - WOW!

Train smart ... race smarter.

runmomto3boys

OK, My apologies to everyone else for not hitting personals this time but I hit this post and couldn't read any further through the thread.

Heidi, that is simply amazing! What an incredible feeling you must have right now after holding that pace for a TRAINING run. You are so incredibly gifted to have both endurance AND rapidly improving speed. I keep reading of tempo runs and MP runs and now THIS. What an amazing training cycle you are having this time around with Pfitz. I just hope you can keep steady in training and not push too hard/too fast as you prep for Green Bay. I'm thinking that by the time we run Lakefront you'll have finished, cooled down, gotten a massage gone through Discovery World with your boys and eaten lunch by the time I cross the line. (And I have latent aspirations of BQ that day) I've said it before and I'll say it again now - WOW!

Oh my goodness: this is so ridiculously sweet!  Thanks, Bruce.  You are in the same boat, though - you are new just like I am.  You are getting oh-so-fast and will keep improving all in the sale.  I'll watch pushing the pace.  I don't want to get hurt.  I think these runs this week instilled some real confidence in me.  That was a good healthy dose of something I needed.  Now, I can run easier, I think, more often.

Scrape: Honestly, I am nowhere near as naturally talented as you and certainly not ever going to be in your league, but I can't tell you how ridiculously flattering it is to read something like that from someone like you.   It means a lot and I so appreciate it (although I still don't believe you are talking about ME, but whatevs!).  Thank you!

SIAR: The same is true for you.  I appreciate the compliment, but you and the other fast guys here are in a league of your own.  This girl is just trying to hold her own, a respectable bit behind you all.  That being said, thank you!

B-Plus: Awww, thanks.  I appreciate the tip!

10.3 easy.

I need to add to the WOW's being directed your way Heidi. Incredible confidence boosting runs. And I know you are very humble but what you have accomplished and where you at in your "young" running career very definitely indicates a talent that not many have. You have been busting your ass and it is paying off. Do not sell yourself short as you are putting up training numbers that not many runners, male or female can pull off.

I for one am a little envious of your mileage. My old legs just ache looking at your training log. Keep up the good work and take a couple recovery run days now.

Scrape: Honestly, I am nowhere near as naturally talented as you and certainly not ever going to be in your league, but I can't tell you how ridiculously flattering it is to read something like that from someone like you.   It means a lot and I so appreciate it (although I still don't believe you are talking about ME, but whatevs!).  Thank you!

runmomto3boys

10.3 easy.

I need to add to the WOW's being directed your way Heidi. Incredible confidence boosting runs. And I know you are very humble but what you have accomplished and where you at in your "young" running career very definitely indicates a talent that not many have. You have been busting your ass and it is paying off. Do not sell yourself short as you are putting up training numbers that not many runners, male or female can pull off.

I for one am a little envious of your mileage. My old legs just ache looking at your training log. Keep up the good work and take a couple recovery run days now.

Thank you so very much.  Seriously.  I really appreciate all the kind words today.  I was over the moon at that run and I am so glad you guys all understand what a big deal it was for me.  The other stuff - talent and all that?  Super cool to hear.  I guess we will see what happens at some of these races.  I'm excited about this year, for sure!

Zelanie

Back from my 5.5 with the dogs.  Finally over 35 MPW for the first time.  5 more weeks of building miles to go!  Here's hoping the next weeks feel as good as this one did.

Heidi- Congratulations to you!

Mostly harmless

Back from my 5.5 with the dogs.  Finally over 35 MPW for the first time.  5 more weeks of building miles to go!  Here's hoping the next weeks feel as good as this one did.

Congrats on the weekly mileage PR! Are you training for a HM?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

tinman11

Thank you so very much.  Seriously.  I really appreciate all the kind words today.  I was over the moon at that run and I am so glad you guys all understand what a big deal it was for me.  The other stuff - talent and all that?  Super cool to hear.  I guess we will see what happens at some of these races.  I'm excited about this year, for sure!

Talent, yes, and dedication.  Do you have a coach for your next big races?  I benefit from what I read etc, but I'm still trying to break 4 hours.  I'm thinking you would really benefit from a professional trainer.  Maybe this has been discussed and I've missed it, but I've thought this ever since your first M last year.

I've been increasing my miles..........and flexibilty with scheduling.  I had a few late night 12 milers with reflective gear and knuckle lights last month.  Each time I thought, well I'm sure RMTB would get out there and get these miles in.  And sure enough you have been.

Zelanie

Thanks, Scott!  Yes, I'm training for my first HM in mid-April.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great job! That kind of mileage will serve you so well. PR For the dogs too?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

Talent, yes, and dedication.  Do you have a coach for your next big races?  I benefit from what I read etc, but I'm still trying to break 4 hours.  I'm thinking you would really benefit from a professional trainer.  Maybe this has been discussed and I've missed it, but I've thought this ever since your first M last year.

I've been increasing my miles..........and flexibilty with scheduling.  I had a few late night 12 milers with reflective gear and knuckle lights last month.  Each time I thought, well I'm sure RMTB would get out there and get these miles in.  And sure enough you have been.

Awww, you are so sweet!!!!  Actually, I met a coach this week at the track who I am definitely going to consider using down the road.  He's amazing - a 1:05 HMer and the nicest guy on the planet.  Thanks for thinking of that/mentioning the same to me.

Zelanie

I don't think so.  I think the older one has gone up to 7 with me, but she was off this summer because of knee surgery.  The younger one is not a fan of leash running yet, and we haven't had the weather or daylight lately to do too much.

The younger one is mostly in charge of making me keep my easy days slow, I think!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I don't think so.  I think the older one has gone up to 7 with me, but she was off this summer because of knee surgery.  The younger one is not a fan of leash running yet, and we haven't had the weather or daylight lately to do too much.

The younger one is mostly in charge of making me keep my easy days slow, I think!

That's a perfect running partner in my book! I bet you all have a lot of fun. I stopped in the mall today and looked at puppies...slippery slope there.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Zelanie

I'm looking forward to hitting some trails with them when it gets nicer.  Have you had a dog before, SIAR?