Beginners and Beyond

After a distance race are you starving, or actually forcing yourself to eat a little? (Read 68 times)

After.... marathons...  It takes a couple of hours for my body to calm down.  Once that hunger hits though, it comes on with the fiery anger for 10,000 suns.

This, and it's specifically for carbs.  It also gets me after long runs, the less-intense ones pretty much immediately.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm not that hungry right after a longer race or run, but if I don't get some quality refueling in the first hour or two, the next day I eat anything that doesn't move and isn't nailed down!

That is why I force myself to have a smoothie w/yogurt and fruit after long runs and grab the chocolate milk and fruit after races. Whether I'm hungry for it or not.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Usually I am thirsty for the rest of the day.  I feel thirsty no matter how much water I drink.  I'm thinking that's electrolytes I'm craving?

LRB

This

Hey you!

The longer the race, the more wine I drink.  That means after a marathon, I am usually in a bottle and a half territory! lol

As far as food, I really do not change my eating habits whether it is an easy run, speed work, or a race.  That would be water immediately after, then fruit, Silk or Gatorade, and finally some complex carbs in the form of oats, bread, rice, pasta etc..