Beginners and Beyond

What's up SunDAILIES?! (Read 39 times)

onemile

I think a lot of people here, myself included, do not train for 5Ks specifically. Our training is mostly marathon oriented.

I trained specifically for a 5k for 6 months and couldn't run my HM equivalent but we all know wcrunner knows more than anyone

Guess I just wasn't trying hard enough 

I trained specifically for a 5k for 6 months and couldn't run my HM equivalent but we all know wcrunner knows more than anyone

Did you try just running faster?

Dave

onemile

Did you try just running faster?

oh my gosh, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's odd because your personal records on your log show your 5K time in line with or slightly faster than your HM equivalent depending on which calculator you use.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

That's odd because your personal records on your log show your 5K time in line with or slightly faster than your HM equivalent depending on which calculator you use.

They are fairly close right now but I had a 1:32 half marathon for 2 years and couldn't hit sub-20 in the 5k. And not for lack of trying. I spent all spring of 2016 trying for it and failing.  My last half PR was a disappointment and not a great race for me.