Beginners and Beyond

Good news . . . it looks as if RW has a handle on the spam problem. (Read 1300 times)

Little Blue

Hey Blue!  I am happy to see you made it!

I had to come to where the action is.  I was thinking it would feel like going to a new school.  It's more like changing homerooms.  The people are still the same, the room just looks different.

LRB

I had to come to where the action is.  I was thinking it would feel like going to a new school.  It's more like changing homerooms.  The people are still the same, the room just looks different.

Best analogy yet and there have been a few good ones!

B-Plus

At least there's more variety of spam now. Am I too late for the Cyber Monday tv deals?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't care,  I kind of like it here. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Luke79

Even without the spam, this forum is better in so many ways.  I would go with you guys if you all go back, but I'm hoping we can just kick it here for a while.  It's nice.

Buelligan

The old place is still under spam-attack.   In case he isn't here already, I told dizzy where we were.

xor

Even without the spam, this forum is better in so many ways.  I would go with you guys if you all go back, but I'm hoping we can just kick it here for a while.  It's nice.

It is.  And ifn yall want to hang in this little group and do whatever you please, COOL.  If you want to venture out to the main boards, I promise you "stuff" will settle over the next couple weeks.

It's a nice place here.

For those of you (us?) with a sense of loyalty and home-ness to RWOL, I get it.  But if you are processing it as "we owe it to them to go back", no, really you don't.  On RWOL you are cattle (more literally, you are a commodity of eyeballs).  They never, not one time ever, did you a solid.  Not once.  It was just cool to be somewhere famous called "Runners World".

runfoolery

Maybe I should start doing real spam bumps on RWOL, and bump up inactive spam threads Smile

Docket_Rocket

The old place is still under spam-attack.   In case he isn't here already, I told dizzy where we were.

Why would you do such a thing???????????????  No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

They are doing a FANTASTIC job today!!!

Luke79

It is.  And ifn yall want to hang in this little group and do whatever you please, COOL.  If you want to venture out to the main boards, I promise you "stuff" will settle over the next couple weeks.

It's a nice place here.

For those of you (us?) with a sense of loyalty and home-ness to RWOL, I get it.  But if you are processing it as "we owe it to them to go back", no, really you don't.  On RWOL you are cattle (more literally, you are a commodity of eyeballs).  They never, not one time ever, did you a solid.  Not once.  It was just cool to be somewhere famous called "Runners World".

I agree.

Docket_Rocket

They are doing a FANTASTIC job today!!!

With what?  Opening Hogwarts and letting Voldemort in?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tessasnewlife

I just checked it out. it is not under control at all.Just sayin.

C'mon folks, cut them some slack over there. Sure, there is still  tons of spam.  But Pluck has ensured you'll be safe from having to look at Waterwench's mermaid avatar anymore.  If that doesn't justify continued loyalty to RWOL, I don't know what does.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I also really appreciate the emails I receive from Rodale to let me know I can go from WALKING to RUNNING. They are working very hard.