Beginners and Beyond

Are you going to shop on Thanksgiving? (Read 90 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I avoid all retail establishments between Thanksgiving and New Years, so... nope.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Love the Half

We call black Friday, Thanksguinness.  We buy a keg, and stay home.

I'm coming to your place.  Cool

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm coming to your place.  Cool

Save a few pints for me. Guinness is good!

Ric-G

Nope.....

marathon pr - 3:16

slowrunningjulie

Yes. Wal-mart is advertising an XBox 360 for $ 99. My seven year old loves to play MInecraft on the iPad and has asked for an XBox for Christmas. $99 is within the budget, so if I can get it for that price, I am going to go for it.

I should add that I HATE football. I also used to work retail, and I loved to work holidays because I got time and a half.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

the wife and I will probably ditch the kids and go hit up some sales. You get some decent deals and get to do a whole lot of people watching. People getting aggressive over some stupid stuff is pretty funny.

We got a decent deal on an IPad and a camera last year.

I do think that Awood's Kegger sounds better though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Nope, Thanksgiving is for the 3 F's, family, food and football. Smile

Not going on Black Friday either, not worth the hassle.  I do almost all of my shopping online anyway, why deal with the crowds and the hassle when you can find the same or better deals while sitting in your pj's?

+1. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

- Andrew

onemile

If I can't buy it online, I don't need it.

onemile

I avoid all retail establishments between Thanksgiving and The End of Times, so... nope.

+1

TxDiverMom

It appears to me that most runners are not shoppers.

I most certainly will at the very least shop online on Thanksgiving Day!  If there is something I can't live without I will go and buy it on Thanksgiving Day.  Y'all say family day?  By 4 in the afternoon all the men are napping anyway, so that's not exactly a family event.  I hate to nap and love to shop, so there!

I will most definitely be shopping on Black Friday!  I wll get up at whatever awful hour is required to stand in line with the best of them.  I will pour over the sale papers on Thanksgiving Day (and the online ones at bfads.com, ahead of time) to figure out what thing will be a great price.  I'm all about getting a deal on the things I want!!!  Why wait till January when it will cost more?

I love the hustle and bustle of the season!!!  I love decorating for Christmas and baking for Christmas!!!  I LOVE IT ALL!!!  I will be putting up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving (we'll be gone for Thanksgiving and the weekend after).  I never take it down till January.  I listened to the Holly channel on XM this morning and heard Please Come Home for Christmas (the really old version by Charles Brown!).  It made me very happy happy happy on the way to work!!!

I will be Pinteresting for the next few weeks to figure out what I need from Hobby Lobby before it's all picked over!!!

Merry Christmas, Yall!!!  (And that includes everybody...even those who don't celebrate it!!!)

I most certainly will at the very least shop online on Thanksgiving Day!  If there is something I can't live without I will go and buy it on Thanksgiving Day.  Y'all say family day?  By 4 in the afternoon all the men are napping anyway, so that's not exactly a family event.  I hate to nap and love to shop, so there!

I will most definitely be shopping on Black Friday!  I wll get up at whatever awful hour is required to stand in line with the best of them.  I will pour over the sale papers on Thanksgiving Day (and the online ones at bfads.com, ahead of time) to figure out what thing will be a great price.  I'm all about getting a deal on the things I want!!!  Why wait till January when it will cost more?

I love the hustle and bustle of the season!!!  I love decorating for Christmas and baking for Christmas!!!  I LOVE IT ALL!!!  I will be putting up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving (we'll be gone for Thanksgiving and the weekend after).  I never take it down till January.  I listened to the Holly channel on XM this morning and heard Please Come Home for Christmas (the really old version by Charles Brown!).  It made me very happy happy happy on the way to work!!!

I will be Pinteresting for the next few weeks to figure out what I need from Hobby Lobby before it's all picked over!!!

Merry Christmas, Yall!!!  (And that includes everybody...even those who don't celebrate it!!!)

i think you rock.

Thanksgiving looks like this for me.

Wake up early, run too far, have beers for breakfast, eat some, family comes over, eat some, probably some beers, maybe dominoes, eat some, get tired of family, drink some, go shop with a buzz and watch the craziness.

Find some deals on crap we dont need, but we think might be cool. Always get the kids some new PJ's usually some that are too big so they can grow into them.

Walmart practically gives some of their crap away.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

Just reading this stresses me out. lol

I'm glad you enjoy it!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have to agree with Oski, just the idea of being out and around a bunch of rude and obnoxious people has me wanting to grab a bottle of Red Stag and hide in my house. The only crowds I can deal with are runners, that's it and I am done..... I am not a people person. I plan to start shopping online either next week or beginning of December.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Just reading this stresses me out. lol

That was funny, I did not finish it!

Go TXDM!

Robert31320

Team TJ