Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Independence Weekend Daily (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning and Happy 5th.  Hope everyone had a safe 4th.

LR for us when DW wakes up.  (I only wake her for races).

Good luck Saturday racers.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10-11 tonight with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done this morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

It is flippin' hot and I don't like it one bit. 5.5 hot miles are done. 10-12 are on tap for tomorrow so I think I need to get out of the house by 6:00. I really can't stand the heat. Did I mention it was hot? Gosh.

Jerry: I got a variety case of Longboards from Costco and I think I like the IPA the best.

Docket: When is Mr. Docket's next HM? That's nice that you two can get some miles together. I also like running with DW.

PAD: Way to beat the heat.

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

We are doing SF, but not running together.  

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Ran 10.09 miles with my club this morning, putting me over 26 again for the week Big grin

I mentioned that we put in an offer on a house on Thursday - it was accepted! Inspection sometime this week, then just signing a bunch of stuff (well, DH will do the signing) and waiting on the bank to get the loan in order, and hopefully we will close in a month or so, maybe sooner Smile Very excited!

Bin Running

Morning.. Waiting for WC match to start. Didn't run today as only had 5hrs of sleep after watching last night.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lauren: That's exciting! What state are you in? Are you staying in the same neighborhood?

Bin: I am rooting for Belgium and Costa Rica.

From the Internet.

Jack: We are currently living in RI, moving ~25 minutes away and back into my home state of MA Smile

Docket_Rocket

Bin: Miami is falling down celebrating and it's only 24 minutes into the game.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jack, Belgium and Costa Rica are real underdogs.

Damaris, does Miami has a big group of Argentinian?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Jack, Belgium and Costa Rica are real underdogs.

Damaris, does Miami has a big group of Argentinian?

Yes.  Anything from Latin America, we have in the thousands, if not more.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got our 11 done on a very busy bike path.   Knees kind of achy last couple.  I think it is PFS.  Took it slow the whole way.

Obie, how are you after first HM?

Go Costa Rica !!!  Have fun Zel.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, I never heard of Longboards and I couldn't find it on Beer Advocate.