Beginners and Beyond

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is apparently a marketing inspiration (Read 76 times)

LRB

The hilarious title of an email I received from Spirit Airlines (link).

happylily

LOL...

It's hard not to laugh at the situation... It's so un-torontonian. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

... It's so un-torontonian. Big grin

That is true!  Did you hear his comment regarding "eating" a particular body part of that one chick?

happylily

That is true!  Did you hear his comment regarding "eating" a particular body part of that one chick?

NOOO! The man is DISGUSTING! Big grin It's like he's got all the vices unimaginable...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Village people

Bring back Mel Lastman!

You Rang?

Love the ad!  If Spirit wasn't giving Ryanair a run for its money in the nickel and diming its passengers to death department,  and I actually wanted to go to Toronto (well, ok, an airport 100 miles away from it) I'd fly Spirit!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

LMAO watching Bobby Moynihan on SNL.

Love the Half

Canada is fairly easy to ignore.  They go about their business being a good trading partner and a fun place to visit.  Oh, occasionally some French speakers will make a little noise about forming their own country but they quickly fade into the background of trade negotiations.  Then, along comes a crack smoking mayor who, during a press conference, talks about eating pussy.  And uses that language.  For pure entertainment value, he's the gift that keeps on giving.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

TheSuze

Ugh - as someone who is currently sitting in her office in downtown Toronto, can we not?  Please - just one day without some kind of fucking drama from this meglomaniac....

RSX

I listen to Limbaugh on occasion for laughs. I caught him today and he thinks that Americans want him out of office more than Canadians because he is a conservative.

Ford is great amusement for the media. It is basically being sold as Bluto Blutarsky being Mayor in North America's 4th biggest city. I can't imagine any American wanting him out of office because of the denials/apologies alone. I heard that he paid to be with woman, but haven't heard the other details.

We stayed in Toronto in 2012. Back then the worst thing they said about Ford (watching CNBC anyway) was that he texted while driving.

Love the Half

Ugh - as someone who is currently sitting in her office in downtown Toronto, can we not?  Please - just one day without some kind of fucking drama from this meglomaniac....

He says he's going to run for reelection.  Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

TheSuze

He says he's going to run for reelection.  Big grin

Thankfully, I don't actually live in TO - although it frightens me, because the morons in the 'burbs were stupid enough to elect him in the first place.  Trust me - this isn't coming as a surprise to anyone here.  He was a city councilor for a few terms before running for a mayor and was great media fodder during that time as well.