Beginners and Beyond

Placid Penguins' Mondaily (Read 24 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Placid except for all the short-notice "I want it now!" work I had to do today at work, sheesh.  Well, I finally got all caught up, so nice!  Today is a rest day for me after a busy weekend of doing an event on Saturday and one on Sunday.  Links to report and photos below:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/c545f39dff3c4a539867b45e3e5cd351/resume#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7b3aa8ebd48147d9988a0bc94b7a958b/resume#focus

Costa Rica?  You spent time with mob guys, Zelanie?  Oh wait...that's Cosa Nostra.  Never mind...

Good luck with the dentist appointment, Damaris.  Hope you do get your time to run!

Congrats to your DD, Jack!  Qualified for the JO?  Sounds like she might need a massage too after all her hard work!  Nice photo too!  Head coaching job?  So if you go to Kanas, then your DD's friend can swing free tickets for you to the game, right?

Hope you get your wish for better weather, Awood!

Welcome back, Margo!  Happy yoga today!

Hong Kong has a Disneyland, Bin?  Why did I not know that?  Enjoy your rest day.

Hope your legs feel better, Lauren!

Dang, Ginny..snow again?  Just when your weather was improving a bit too.  Hope you get some consistent sunshine and clear skies for a while!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: Fortunately, we don't sit in bleachers all day. We bring our nice lawn chairs and sit under the easy ups. When the kids race, we go to the pool and either sit in the bleachers or stand.

Scotty: Yes on the free tickets! He is at a small NAIA university in a Kansas City suburb. It is far from the big time but it is a start.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Howdy Penguins.

Random poster here .  Rest day for me today.  This is day 1 of vacation and I slept until 8am, this hasn't happened in a LONG time!  Planning a nice run tomorrow morning and Wednesday heading to Florida to that Mouseville for a few days.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club for me today (no leg machines).  I did walk on the track yesterday while DW ran.  Seems like a lot of walkers were passing me , but it felt good to walk.  Got my knee Xrayed today.  I doubt it will show anything, so maybe an MRI later in the week.

Congrats to DD, Jack.  Safe trip, Bin.

Scotty, wish I could go to SA to watch my Cyclones play, but maybe you can cheer for me.

Bin Running

Ginny, the rain did cool off us a bit and the poor grass really need some water. Think we didn't have any serious rain for abt close to 2 months.

Damaris, there is so many conflicting theories that I don't even know who is right now. Hope they find it soon.

Jerry, thanks

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

I ended up with 10.4 miles, the first 8 were at 9:03 pace, not quite able to hold the 1200's, so I just did pickups.

Jack, That is a great pic of your DD and her friend!

SheCan

Just peeking in and saying "Hi." Didn't as I was gone all day and just got back shortly ago.  Now if I were as disciplined as some people, I would anyway, but I'm not.  Love the picture Jack, very nice!  Hi everyone else, and I sure wish they would find that plane.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson