Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Zelanie

3.75. My stupid Knuckelights eat batteries. They started dying after maybe a 1/2 mile. Pretty slow going as I was on a low light road and wass getting off the street for cars. Still had on all sorts of reflective stuff and low light on the Knuckelights, but not something I want to take a chance with.

That's why I stopped using mine. Nothing like running 2 miles home through an unlit park to make you never want to do that again.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went ahead and ran an easy 4.1 miles tonight, with Dorian and the dogs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ha, I have two pair of Boston Shorts, my bright orange jacket, and my Boston Marathon t-shirt.  I love cool weather races so I can go decked out in all my Boston gear.

THAT'S OK, I'M NOT ENVIOUS OR ANYTHING.

Dave

onemile

Went ahead and ran an easy 4.1 miles tonight, with Dorian and the dogs.

Jetta is back at it?

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's why I stopped using mine. Nothing like running 2 miles home through an unlit park to make you never want to do that again.

Last winter I bought rechargable batteries. I think I was charging them after every single run.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ha, I have two pair of Boston Shorts, my bright orange jacket, and my Boston Marathon t-shirt.  I love cool weather races so I can go decked out in all my Boston gear.

Three Bostons and I have nadda, not even a t-shirt since they didn't give them out in the dark ages.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Three Bostons and I have nadda, not even a t-shirt since they didn't give them out in the dark ages.

I thought maybe you'd have an animal skin or something.

Dave

LRB

I went to yoga tonight for the first time since October 19. Not that it benefits my running in any way, shape or form (I'm fairly certain that it doesn't, not tangibly anyway), but I have come to like it, and that is good enough for me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I said dark ages, not paleolithic. We were running in cotton, not fur pelts. Even the Greeks were beyond animal skins, well most of them, Hercules excepted.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

From a coworker's race in 1984. It's like the size of a quarter.

I said dark ages, not paleolithic. We were running in cotton, not fur pelts. Even the Greeks were beyond animal skins, well most of them, Hercules excepted.

Well of course the Greeks competed in only their own akin, but that's a whole other thing.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Got home late so no run.  But Pilates helped a lot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta is back at it?

It was a slow and easy run, I want to be careful with her though. If she doesn't show any issues today and tomorrow, I'll take them on the trails for a 3-4 mile run Saturday morning. I am going to keep an eye on it, she won't be going back to the mileage she was doing before this.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)