Beginners and Beyond

Big Saturdailies (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

My bib # is 9671.

For some reason I cannot find your bib number but the app hates me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

A veggie patty in-between Shalane Whole Wheat Flanagan and Amy Multigrain Cragg.

What a great picture.  That's one you frame and hang in your house or office.

I like your idea of the progression paced run for the 10K.  Starting out easy should work out the fatigue from the 1500, and aim for the last mile being faster than HM pace.

Wishing you and Cy a fantastic time on Monday.  Those are memories that just don't go away.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DW just measured my body fat with a device she has and it indicated 14%.  Sounds about right.

Sounds pretty damn lean. Well to me anyway - I recently had mine measured at the gym using some kind of device (no idea how it works), and it came out at 23%. Which sounds kind of fat. Maybe that's why I can't run a 5k any faster. 

So thanks for all the comments and yes I should probably be satisfied under the circumstances. But I was hoping to do better, based on my huge 10k PR two weeks ago. Yeah the course was not so great. But maybe I need to limit my 5k expectations till I have more race-specific training. It seems for any distance you'd need to have some training at faster than race pace. And I never do anything faster than 5k pace.

Dave

What a great picture.  That's one you frame and hang in your house or office post on the forum home page. 

Fixed.

Dave

LRB

Sounds pretty damn lean. Well to me anyway - I recently had mine measured at the gym using some kind of device (no idea how it works), and it came out at 23%. Which sounds kind of fat. Maybe that's why I can't run a 5k any faster. 

So thanks for all the comments and yes I should probably be satisfied under the circumstances. But I was hoping to do better, based on my huge 10k PR two weeks ago. Yeah the course was not so great. But maybe I need to limit my 5k expectations till I have more race-specific training. It seems for any distance you'd need to have some training at faster than race pace. And I never do anything faster than 5k pace.

I've stood in your presence on a few occasions, 23% body fat? No way yo.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DaveP, nice race, consistency is good. I have a hand held body fat analyzer. It's level of accuracy is very suspect. It does have an "athlete" mode. However, if I put in a much lower age than my true age, my body fat drops 10%, instantly.

Pleasantridge, good to know you can cover the garden if needed.

LRB, nice picture.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, Dorian's birthday part is finally just about over. I've been out in the sun since our run this morning and my head hurts like hell. I know I am going to have a bad sun burn tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Ugh, Dorian's birthday part is finally just about over. I've been out in the sun since our run this morning and my head hurts like hell. I know I am going to have a bad sun burn tomorrow.

We're definitely gonna need pics of that.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Boston runners: have a freakin' great time and take a lot of pictures!

Dave: nice run. If you train for a 5k your sub 20 is in the bag. That's my goal as well. Our times are so close it's crazy.

3 mile recovery run and a little weight workout for me. 10 tomorrow and then taper time.  DD2 is running in the Mt. SAC relays tonight so off we go. 4 X 1 mile relay.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We're definitely gonna need pics of that.

Lol, I'll think about it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

FWIW DaveP, I ran 20:29 in the middle of marathon training. 20 seconds faster removed from it.

That is a great pic LRB!

Hi Jetta!

I just ran 6 today.

on my way to badass

A veggie patty in-between Shalane Whole Wheat Flanagan and Amy Multigrain Cragg.

Jealous of Shalene and Amy!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28