Beginners and Beyond

Week 38 Penguins need some cinnamon raisin bread! (09/15-09/21) (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It is National Cinnamon Raisin Bread day, which sounds good to me!  Also National Play-Doh Day, National Guacamole Day, and National Stay Away From Seattle Day.  Your guess is as good as mine on that last one!

So, I am doing mostly nothing today.  I took a sick day on Friday, which helped me rest, but didn't cure the cold.  I am still feeling hung out to dry, sore throat, burning chest, snotty, and of course now I have also lost my voice.  I survived quartet coaching on Saturday, but mostly pooped out of chorus coaching afterwards.  I was there, but not singing.  I bailed out of church on Sunday, and I am here today by sheer willpower.  Luckily I got a colleague to cover my class, because it would've been really interesting trying to lecture without a voice.  I do have a massage scheduled for after lunch, which I really wish I wasn't sick for.  And I'm taking Wednesday off with PTO -- it was originally supposed to be a relaxing day away from work, but will probably be a sleep and drink tea with honey day.  Again.  Can I tell you I HATE this cold???!!!  Three weeks tomorrow.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I am in the office today packing as well and I have 7 tonight and more packing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Packing, packing, packing ... I've never enjoyed moving.  Luckily I haven't had to do it that often!  Though if I did it more often, I'd probably be better at it.

No yoga, but I did bike this morning.  I'm hesitant to say it, but I think I might feel slightly better today.  I might not be coughing as much, and I might have a little more energy.  Maybe in another couple of weeks I'll have kicked this cold! 

Docket_Rocket

Packing, packing, packing, work, court, and 7.  At least I vary my days a bit. lol.

HopesMom, glad you are feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!  I took yesterday off, anticipating a nice, relaxing day with DH.  He, on the other hand, thought, "Hey, my wife will be home, so I can get up on a ladder and spray the moss on the roof, clean out the gutters, and wash down the side of the house!"  So my nice, relaxing day turned into a couple of hours standing on the bottom of the ladder so it was stable.  Well, stuff needed to get done, I guess.  Then at least we watched a couple of movies and I went to quartet rehearsal, so that's all good.  Chorus rehearsal tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Oy.

I ran 7 earlier and have Pilates. Also, I have the bankruptcy bar happy hour in my honor tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Enjoy the honor!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It was a beautiful morning for a bike ride!!  I'm still feeling quite low-energy, with little time to catch up this weekend, with a lead sectional for chorus tomorrow and church on Sunday.  Hopefully at some point I'll get my umph back.

Docket, how was happy hour?

Docket_Rocket

It was great. Only a handful of good friends/colleagues. Better than a bunch of people I hardly know.

I have 20 miles today for my birthday. And just signed the papers for the new house.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - congratulations on finalizing the house. Happy Birthday!

HM - I'm glad you're feeling better.

AFM - I went camping with Jim and Ben for the past two weeks. 10 state park campgrounds in 10 days. Short drives between so a pretty leisurely trip. I ran some, walked some and enjoyed being cut off from internet and television.