Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My RP and I both have the day off, so we got a little lazy and did our pace run at 7:00 instead of 6:00.  It was still sub-freezing at that time, but we might hit 50º today.  7 miles with 4 at HMP.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pause, rest…. Restart will eventually happen.  
        1.25 stream grade using an alt starting point; I got bullied away from my usual stat point by a Fox 🦊

I was at my car tying my shoe and a fox slowly walk by 10’ from me, I barked at it and he stop and glared at me like he was saying ‘F-U’ 😮.  He walk a few feet, I bark, he stopped and glared.  After the third set he slowly walked down the middle of the path…. And I chose to drive to an alt start point.

Fox mating season.

hmmm, might try pool later

GinnyinPA

Daffy - smart move. Any time wild animals don't act wild, it's good to get away.

delicate flower

What up bub!!  I ran 5 miles before sunrise.  Sitting in the office now, thinking about when I will go home.  I've got a bike workout later.  Said bike workout will put me at 5,000 bike miles for the year, which is a first for me.  Last year was my first 4,000 mile year.  #doinwork

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

3. It was a very warm feeling 30 degrees.

Daffy, maybe you confused the fox? But good call running somewhere else.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Went to the Pistons-Magic game last night, mostly to see the Wagner brothers on the Magic. And, Mo Wagner started a mini-brawl with a hip check that sent a Piston's player into the bench! He's a bit of a dirty player but fun to watch. Good news is DD is feeling better so football weekend appears on!!

Relatively light upper body day as I slept in a little.

Baboon - that's a lot of bike miles, not to mention the run and swim miles!

delicate flower

Went to the Pistons-Magic game last night, mostly to see the Wagner brothers on the Magic. And, Mo Wagner started a mini-brawl with a hip check that sent a Piston's player into the bench! He's a bit of a dirty player but fun to watch. Good news is DD is feeling better so football weekend appears on!!

I think the dude that punched him in the back of the head is looking at a big suspension.  Knocked him out!  I am guessing a 10 game suspension.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles + 20 min strength. Kid was coughing and super snotty yesterday but sounds better today.

Is anyone watching anything good? I've already seen new seasons of White Lotus and Jack Ryan, plus Bullet Train. And bailed on The Recruit, Inside Man and the movie Everything Everywhere All at Once. Was thinking about the Knives Out sequel but I have to watch the first one first.

delicate flower

4 miles + 20 min strength. Kid was coughing and super snotty yesterday but sounds better today.

Is anyone watching anything good? I've already seen new seasons of White Lotus and Jack Ryan, plus Bullet Train. And bailed on The Recruit, Inside Man and the movie Everything Everywhere All at Once. Was thinking about the Knives Out sequel but I have to watch the first one first.

I saw Top Gun 2 a couple of days ago, which is now streaming.  I thought it was great.

I have not seen Glass Onion but from what I hear it is a completely separate story from the first and you don't really need to see the first one first.  I did see the first one, which I liked a lot, but have not seen the sequel.

<3

Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Loved this. 
                        I’m actually looking for something to watch too, kind of been in a lull. I most recently went back in time and watched all 7 seasons of The West Wing, probably my fourth time through the entire series. That show is so good, I never get sick of Aaron Sorkin’s writing. 

As far as new stuff—I’m hearing some good things about Wednesday, but haven’t gotten around to it.

Dave

Spent all morning and then some waiting around for repair people. Finally got out at 1:30 for 7 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 with hubby. Felt like shit all day but the run was OK. After my allergic reaction the other day, I've been feeling under the weather. Tested today (negative, thankfully).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page