Beginners and Beyond

Bryan Clay Fit4Fall 5k - RR My first race since being injured... (Read 49 times)

LRB

Welcome back to racing G!

Kudos for overcoming that pain in your ass.  Piriformis issues are so discouraging because the pain is so intense that you wonder if it will ever go away.

Glad to see you doing well so far with Daniels.  Once you incorporate R pace reps along with VO2 max and tempo runs you will see a marked improvement across all of your paces.  Hopefully you can get a 10k and another 5k in there before your MRT begins in earnest.

Congrats on a nice effort!

LRB

SERENITY NOW!!!

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see you back at it!  Your randomness is missed.

workinprogress11

That's a really solid comeback performance. Congratulations!

Cyberic

That is solid racing Jack. You accelerated the whole time. Congratulations!

outoftheblue

That looked like a challenging little race.   Excellent race and result.   It's good to see you racing again and nice comeback!

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, I'm impressed you have the magic to change your shirt from orange in the intro photo to yellow by the time you were done! 

Congrats on your 5K..  21 minutes...dang, Flash! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

4th in your AG?  That's like the worst place to finish in.

Nice running though, Klompus!  Pretty impressive coming off the injury, the slow build, and and lack of any real speedwork.  Top 2.5% overall is pretty sweet.

Nice job to Redrum too!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Nice race -- especially for a comeback.  Congrats!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

It's great that despite the time off of training, you haven't lost your great speed. I find endurance the easiest thing to build up and it won't take you long to be back in BQ shape. Great race, Jack, congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brilliant

Great racing.  I'm glad your recovery has gone so well - you killed the 22 min goal!