Beginners and Beyond

Oski runs a 5k (Read 85 times)

sheepla

I met with my orthopedic doctor yesterday because I've had six months of sharp knee pain allegedly due to knee arthritis.  I told him I'd stopped exercising to try to let it heal and he said "define 'stopped exercising'?"  Well, yes, of course I continued to walk the dogs daily. And well, yes, I might have snuck a Turkey Trot in there as well. My ortho said "Runners are the WORST" when it comes to actually taking an extended period off. He threatened to put me on crutches (so not going to happen).  All to say, I feel your pain.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MY RUNNING BUDDY IS BACK!

See?  We run in sync!! (this is the end of the first run leg of a duathlon so after 3.1 miles.......Oski on the right)

Hip Redux

Twinsies!!

delicate flower

Just got a look at the pro photos.  WOW...that was some sweater!

<3

LRB

Twinsies!!

You two should dress alike when you race. 

Hip Redux

Just got a look at the pro photos.  WOW...that was some sweater!

Whose sweater?

There are like 4 million photos of you. Like 6 of me and in two of them, I LIT-ERALLY look like I am dying. lol

B-Plus

MY RUNNING BUDDY IS BACK!

See?  We run in sync!! (this is the end of the first run leg of a duathlon so after 3.1 miles.......Oski on the right)

Congrats on getting back out there! I wonder if we would be able to see the reflection of your face in the window with some kind of super fbi computer.

Cyberic

Congrats on getting back out there! I wonder if we would be able to see the reflection of your face in the window with some kind of super fbi computer.

lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice to "see" you running again, Oski!  Congrats on the 5K!  Nice photo too...you look great from the back....which would always be my view of you at a race we ever did together, as slow as I am!

Way to get in some more miles after the race too...not on the same day, though, I hope, right?  Anyway, you are making nice progress!  Takes a while, but you will come back, you'll see.  I can relate to what you're going through, in my 31 years of running, I've had my share of having to rehab and comeback, what with 4 knee surgeries, hernia surgery, etc.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

So glad you're out there again. I hope it all holds together!

Hip Redux

Nice to "see" you running again, Oski!  Congrats on the 5K!  Nice photo too...you look great from the back....which would always be my view of you at a race we ever did together, as slow as I am!

Way to get in some more miles after the race too...not on the same day, though, I hope, right?  Anyway, you are making nice progress!  Takes a while, but you will come back, you'll see.  I can relate to what you're going through, in my 31 years of running, I've had my share of having to rehab and comeback, what with 4 knee surgeries, hernia surgery, etc.

Oh gosh, no not on the same day lol  I need at least one day in between runs and right now I am actually moving towards two days between!

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

That's awesome, good for you!  Hopefully you can stay on your feet from now on.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???