Beginners and Beyond

Friday - Word (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Good! Also for my parents in Boca Raton. They are already going to their designated shelter today as instructed, the local high school. Seems pretty early, but I guess they want to get people to start moving so there isn't a last minute crush. And my mom follows instructions.

The hurricane starts late tonight so today is the day to go where you need to!  Hurricane force winds is more tomorrow night but Saturday morning is when things start to get windier.  I assume they live East instead of inland?  Hoping they stay safe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The hurricane starts late tonight so today is the day to go where you need to!  Hurricane force winds is more tomorrow night but Saturday morning is when things start to get windier.  I assume they live East instead of inland?  Hoping they stay safe.

They are pretty far inland (technically West Boca), near 441 & Glades, so west of the turnpike.

Dave

onemile

I ran 5. Flew home from Boston last night and I am feeling wiped so I decided to push the super hard workout Addie gave to tomorrow

Cyberic

Ran to work and back, and did a workout on the way back : 4 x (5min w/2min). About 13.5 miles for the day.

onemile

Ran to work and back, and did a workout on the way back : 4 x (5min w/2min). About 13.5 miles for the day.

Are you trying to catch back up? 

Cyberic

Are you trying to catch back up? 

I'm actually trying NOT to do too much mileage so I have energy to run faster on workout days. Not sure if it's smart, but that's what I'm doing anyway.

I'll catch up during your taper and post-race blues Wink

Docket_Rocket

Ran my 5.  Watching the 8pm report like a hawk.  The hurricane is going West every time.  The more West, the better.  We are very close to getting out of the cone.  So close!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran my 5.  Watching the 8pm report like a hawk.  The hurricane is going West every time.  The more West, the better.  We are very close to getting out of the cone.  So close!

Wishing you the best, D!

Cyberic

I'm actually trying NOT to do too much mileage so I have energy to run faster on workout days.

Worded that wrong. My focus is not on mileage but on workouts. I'm not actually holding back on volume.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles and upper body weights..

Docket_Rocket

Wishing you the best, D!

Thank you!  It's my 10th major hurricane, though.  I wish it would be my last (and never see another one again).

Damaris

Fundraising Page