Beginners and Beyond

Breaking brand new resolutions Wednesday Penguin dailies (Read 31 times)

GinnyinPA

The sun never did come out, but I just had to take advantage of the warmer temperature (40ish), so I ran an easy 4 mile loop downtown anyhow.  Since I wore fewer clothes than yesterday (just a long sleeved shirt, no jacket or vest) and chose a route where I could avoid hills, I felt colder. I don't know how you far northern runners do it.  My eyes were watering so much both yesterday and today I could barely keep from tripping (over roots yesterday, bricks today.)

Lauren - congratulations on another 20 mile week with no injuries.

Obiebyke - definitely badass -- aka insane!

D - good news about Trixie.  Hope your hangover doesn't keep you from enjoying your run.

Jerry - did you get your run in the snow?  We're supposed to get that storm tomorrow, but not that much accumulation.

Z - hope you enjoyed your culture today.  I'm surprised the museums are open.  Everything around here is closed today.

Margo - good job on the 8.  Was that in town or in the mountains?

on my way to badass

Hey Penguins!

I hope everyone had a fun NYE celebration.  DS stayed up for the ball drop.  It was all I could do to stay awake to make sure he went to bed after.

Got 4.5 in today.  20 may be a pipe dream this week.  We're expecting up to 15 inches of snow starting tonight into Friday morning.  I'll be lucky to get out to walk the dog.

Obie-  Congrats on your new title!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

SheCan

Obie-- great job on the 10k!  Glad you put up a RR.  BTW, I'd be sick too if I had a race in that cold.

Traci-- hope you're not catching something.

LRB- Happy New years to you, too!

Lauren-- hehehe@ the laundry pile.  You'll get used to it!   Awesome you on the miles!  If you're intrigued by the trails, you really should just go for it.  They're a lot of fun.  Well at least when they're not covered by snow.

DR-- So glad to hear Trixie is doing good.  With her condition, I hope she wasn't partying too hard last night.

Jerry-- be careful if you get out there!

Zelanie-- ohohoh, I wanna see that movie, too!   When is your next HM?

Margo-- Hope you had a great relaxing time at the mountains.  You really should post pics from around there some time.  It just sounds so lovely.

Yesterday, I did just over 9 on the trails, and today I went for the bike for a 7 and 2 running miles.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi from Laughlin, NV, Pens! Bingo, bloody Marys, horse racing, etc... Good times!

hog4life

Hi everyone, late check in for me, just got to work. A friend I work with, his wife is in ICU fighting pneumonia. She survived leukemia, but all the chemo has her immune system destroyed. They have her in an induced coma, so if you believe in prayer, please say one for my friend's wife.

2 miles with Bella.

Obie, great job!

SheCan

Hi everyone, late check in for me, just got to work. A friend I work with, his wife is in ICU fighting pneumonia. She survived leukemia, but all the chemo has her immune system destroyed. They have her in an induced coma, so if you believe in prayer, please say one for my friend's wife.

Oh my, Mitch, she's in my thoughts and prayers.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Oh my, Mitch, she's in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Cherie.

Philliefan33

Ginny, you're in PA, correct?  Whereabouts?

I ran here at our main house in Bucks County. It's usually ten degrees colder at the Pocono house (Carbon County), which is very nice in the summer but not so much when I want to run in the winter.

Cherie, I will wait for either a nice snowfall or for the trees to green up before getting some photos. Without snow, this time of year is pretty gloomy in Carbon County. It's coal country (or used to be anyway).

Bin Running

Mitch, sending good thoughts her way..

Margo,  strong run!

Jack, living the life..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Finally got outside after the Rose Bowl.  Wore jeans over my tights and my big winter  parka.  YaxTrax Pro were really good on the snowpacked streets, but the bike trail was not runnable with about a foot of snow.  Hardly any cars out, but the ones that were, were going faster than when it is dry out...fucking idiots.  We had to stop for every passing car just to be safe.  Probably only ran a mile (no Garmin) and more tired than after a HM, but it was fun anyway.  We will try it again in the daytime.  At least we got a start on another 1,200 miles.

Have to go to work tomorrow, but I'll probably be alone due to the snow.

GinnyinPA

Margo - I'm in Chambersburg.  I used to live in Bucks Co. - in Yardley.

Docket_Rocket

2 miles with Bella.

Obie, great job!

I'll be thinking of her.

7 miles for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page