Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES Don't Eat the Green Snow... (Read 50 times)

Like I said, whoever told me this was flat was on drugs. I did not see any flats, lots of uphills and barely any downhills to compensate.  I noticed as soon as I stepped off the plane on Tuesday.  Not my worst but 30 minutes slower than I wanted.

How did the lungs do?

Dave

Hip Redux

Like I said, whoever told me this was flat was on drugs. I did not see any flats, lots of uphills and barely any downhills to compensate.  I noticed as soon as I stepped off the plane on Tuesday.  Not my worst but 30 minutes slower than I wanted.

Ugh.  Dislike the "surprise" hills!

BruceD555

I hate hills .. and wind ... and snow ... and big cities filled with people. It looks like you had 2/4 on my dislike list.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

They were the only thing that worked!

Don't worry about me.  I needed to take it easy since I have an ultra on Saturday, so it worked well.

And yes, you read that right.

How did the lungs do?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shirfan, an overall pace of 7:34 for twenty-four miles? Wow!

BruceD555, congratulations on your 10K!

Damaris, don't talk to me about hills. I also hate surprise hills.

Gah. I'm in bed. Meh. I hope that I'll be brave enough to eat or drink something in a bit.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

feel better Basya

Marjorie

B-Plus

My ass was really dragging earlier but I finally got out for 13 miles @ 7:54.

Congrats to all the racers!

LRB

24 miles, broken down like so -- 8 general aerobic, 8 MP, 8 easy, 7:31 pace overall. 

The song insane in the membrane comes to mind!

Damaris, an ultra Saturday?  You crack me up!

Way to tough it out Bruce.  It's runs like those that pay dividends on race day!

Hopefully that Guiness is out of your system soon Basya.

Zelanie

Congrats and good luck, then, Damaris!

pae

18 miles today.  It went a little better than my last 18 mile run, but I still walked a bit in the second half.  I'm wondering if part of my issue with the long runs is a fuel thing, so maybe I'll up the calorie intake on the next one.  There is a high wind warning in effect today, but I got finished before the worst of it.  Currently it looks like we have some 40mph gusts out there, so I'm glad I went out when I did.

Docket_Rocket

I am not kidding!

The song insane in the membrane comes to mind!

Damaris, an ultra Saturday?  You crack me up!

Way to tough it out Bruce.  It's runs like those that pay dividends on race day!

Hopefully that Guiness is out of your system soon Basya.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

18 miles today.  It went a little better than my last 18 mile run, but I still walked a bit in the second half.  I'm wondering if part of my issue with the long runs is a fuel thing, so maybe I'll up the calorie intake on the next one.  There is a high wind warning in effect today, but I got finished before the worst of it.  Currently it looks like we have some 40mph gusts out there, so I'm glad I went out when I did.

I walked 1.5 miles during my last 18 miler before my second marathon, it happens.  It is not indicative of anything, rather it is affirmation of what we all know; training runs are tough.

@runjerseygirl

Or 13.1 next month.  It's on like hot buttered popcorn!

Mmm... buttered popcorn.

Sorry, I was daydreaming.  Smile

Do you even run?

Thanks, Marjorie. I took a S!Cap a bit less than an hour ago. My tummy has settled a bit.

B-Plus, amazing thirteen.

pae, great job with the eighteen.

Damaris, you blow my mind.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

First time I've gotten on the forum since yesterday morning....Lots to catch up on! Gonna read through the thread and race reports (so many race reports!) but first I will give a quick update:

After I posted yesterday morning about skipping my run because I was worried about the weird pain in my shin/upper ankle region, my boyfriend and I went shopping. He has just taken up biking, and wanted to get some tech shirts and such, so we went to an outlet center about 40 minutes from his place that has Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and Columbia outlets. I obviously had NO problem accompanying him on this errand, annnnnd ended up buying a lot more than him. I'm pretty sure my spring and summer running wardrobe is MORE than complete now!!!! Then we got back to his place around 4pm. I had been walking around all day and my ankle felt fine. The dog needed to be exercised before we headed into DC for dinner and our concert, so I decided to take her and attempt the recovery paced 2 mile run, and if I felt any pain I would just walk. Got the run done with no problem. With the string of injuries I've had I probably shouldn't have ran with the dog (she does tend to pull, and unpredictably stop to pee on things or try to chase squirrels) but meh, I did and it was fine.

Today I planned to do my 3.5 mile run. I had every intention of doing it. In fact, my boyfriend and I were going to go to the nearby bike path and he was going to do an 8 mile bike ride while I ran. We walked the dog in the morning (I didn't want to take her running again, I love taking her, but it is kind of a lot of work and wanted to be able to concentrate on the run...so we needed to walk her before we could go) and it was a LOT colder than it was forecasted to be. It was kind of yucky out and looked like rain. We went home and laid on the couch for a bit waiting for it to warm up and started watching TV. Cuddled between the dog and the boy it was very warm and comfortable. Suddenly it was hours later, and time to get some food. And then time for me to head back to NYC..... yeahhhh didn't run Sad. I am going to get up early tomorrow and pretend my running week ends on Monday not Sunday. Oops....

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Congrats to all the racers! Now, time to read through the thread and all the RRs!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to