Beginners and Beyond

Race #5 in 2013. Report and Photos: Resolve For A Better San Antonio 5K (Read 191 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, January 12, 2013, I participated in the Resolve for A Better San Antonio 5K, put on by the Junior League of San Antonio. Below is the link to the photos and report that I did for this event.  Please feel free to share the photos and report.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A7c0633f1-b5bd-4220-b887-f38e52b19a21

For those that got 'unknown  error"  sorry about that!  I think I forgot to do the little 'linky connect' thing above.  I did that now and I just tried the link again after doing that and it seems to work now.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Unknown error

An unknown error has occurred. The site administrator has been notified.

I get this when I click the link Sad

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Me too. 

Unknown error

An unknown error has occurred. The site administrator has been notified.

I get this when I click the link Sad

Don't believe everything you think. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Do you know what I love about your race reports?  Not only are you smiling in every picture, but everybody you take a photo of or with is smiling as well.  You must be just as awesome in person as you are online.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tracilynn

I was able to see it

Another good race Scotty!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Antipodean

Link worked for me. Another great Scottydog RR!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Jen2011

Congrats on another great race and RR, Scotty!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Run Scotty Run  !!!

Zelanie

That is great scenery for a race- what a nice course!  I see what you mean about the size- too many participants and somebody is going to end up in the river!

It sort of felt like you had "home court advantage" for this one!

That almost makes up for the "clock tower" race last year, right?

Don't call me Buttercup!

You always find races that are pretty and/or interesting to run.  I'm jealous! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

SheCan

Congratulations on another race, Scotty.  What a lovely, historical course!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

The link worked for me this time. Great job on the race. I've only read two of your RRs (because I haven't been in this forum very long) and I would like to say they were very interesting. I enjoy the pictures, makes me feel like I was there with you. I look forward to reading many more!

Don't believe everything you think. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How's the Alamo beer?  We don't get it here.

happylily

Congrats, Scott, on your 5th race of the year! 5 already, wow! I love when you take pictures of San Antonio, such a beautiful town... Life must be good, there. And great people as well! So now we know that not only do you have a weakness for great running legs, but you also have one for lovely volunteer ladies with beautiful smiles. Old dog you. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is QUITE good.  They had a choice of a darker lager and a "light blonde" lager.    I chose the light blonde, so I wouldn't have to have a lengthy conversation with it.... Wink

How's the Alamo beer?  We don't get it here.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt