Beginners and Beyond

Waking up Wednesday Penguins (Read 3 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Even though I've been at the office for at least 4 hours, I still have not woken up properly.

I have a dentist appointment, so either an RD or 5 miles with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey, Penguins all!  Well, I had a call yesterday with the manager of a fellow that came to service one of my instruments.  He didn't have all the stuff he needed the first day, on the second day he opted not to come in until 2:30 because he "couldn't find a parking space", and the third day I overheard him asking a guy from another company how to fix a problem he couldn't get around.  Sheesh.

Today, the same company has a different engineer coming in to service a different instrument.  She emailed me from the ER with back issues.

Really, I just want someone competent to come to my lab in a timely fashion and get stuff done.  Clearly it's too much to ask.

Chickened out of my bike ride this morning.  It's not just that I still suck, it's that it's still terrifying.  I can get over the suck in time, but to get there I have to get past the terrifying, and I haven't got that part figured out yet. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - do you have any railtrail bike paths near you?  Not having to deal with traffic might make it a bit easier. Someplace like a state or county park with light traffic might work too.

D - good luck at the dentist.

Not quite as hot today, but more humid (DPs of 68-72 as the afternoon progresses) so I may end up on the TM again. 85 feels like 95 isn't much improvement.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm working on 5:30 AM around my neighborhood.  Very few of the neighbors are up by then, so I don't have to dodge cars, and also they don't see how doofy I look. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.