Beginners and Beyond

RR - Tacoma City Marathon, 5/1/16 (Read 54 times)

I will add that hills much later in a race are way friggin worse than in the beginning when you are generally not so beat up. St. George marathon has a good sized hill (in the 8th mile or so) and it's not fun. But it would totally completely suck if it was in the 23rd mile.

Congrats on the pr and great training cycle dave. You did yourself proud. And I agree with the others that a bq is out there for you if you want to go for it. Enjoy the recovery!

Thanks! Yeah I barely noticed the hill at mile 4-5, even though it looks pretty big on the chart. Obviously the ones in the teens started wearing on me. But when approaching that little blip you see at mile 25, I looked at the guy next to me, pointed at the Mount Everest in front of us, and uttered the only two words I spoke out loud during the race: "FUCK. THAT."

Dave

LRB

omg it's been two days, where are the pics, yo? We wanna see you charging up those hills.

omg it's been two days, where are the pics, yo? We wanna see you charging up those hills.

Hopefully they will post the pics sometime before they send me my shirt and my AG award.

Dave