Beginners and Beyond

Hi TuesDAILIES (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, if my goal is a half at end end of the month, I better be prepared to run a 10k.

Boon dropping perspective. Boosh.

He doesn't live in Michigan, where March can bring plenty of winter, as can April.

Dave

5 k hands down. Looking at last year's results, I'd have a chance at OA placing. But I can't justify the drive and tolls for a 5k.

I would be able to justify a lot of shit for an OA placing. Never gotten one of those.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

He doesn't live in Michigan, where March can bring plenty of winter, as can April.

I live in Maryland. There has been plenty of winter in March and April the last few years.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I was leaning towards the 10k. Mainly because driving 1 hour to race for 26 minutes seems crazy. Oh, and paying the damn tunnel and bridge toll along the way.

It's not, or shouldn't be, the time it takes to run the race or the race distance but the importance of the race. Would you object as much to the cost if it were a national or world championship, and yes runners like us can run in some of them. I drove 90 miles to run in my first official mile race after I returned to running, all for the sake of running for a little under 5 minutes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

6 x (400m w/400m)

LRB

I just bought a 12 pack of 9 volt batteries because I would rather spend 30 bucks and have more of them than I would ever need than to go through another night of the smoke detectors randomly chirping at 2 am in the morning. I almost shot one of them bitches off the ceiling last night I was so mad.

From the Internet.

It is a beer on a Tuesday kind of week. Blech. Home early yesterday to wait for the heat to be fixed, home early today to have husband's car towed to the body shop. Two weeks after the tree branches fell on it. And got to the shop to find that the appraiser's assessment of things screws us over massively and will have to be fought/fixed before the car can be repaired. (Conversation the day he was out went as follows: "Looks like those dents are from acorns." "No, a branch landed there. We don't have acorns. I saw the branch with my own eyes." "I don't know. Looks like acorns." WHAT THE HELL DUDE.)

I had a good run this morning though. Sugarloaf marathon course goes uphill from mile 8-10 so I've grudgingly decided I need to incorporate some long climbs into my longer runs to get ready for how that's going to feel. Tried a Powerbar gel at mile 6.5 of my 13 today and it went down fine and didn't make me feel gross, and then I got in a pretty solid mile-long climb from mile 9ish to 10ish on my route.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.6 with 5 x 6 minutes at 10k effort.

LRB, it's really fun when the smoke detectors are hard wired and crap out. Always at 2am. Even worse, we have multiple smoke detectors and CO detectors because the security company put their own in.

Cyberic

go through another night of the smoke detectors randomly chirping at 2 am in the morning. I almost shot one of them bitches off the ceiling last night I was so mad.

That is incredibly annoying. By the time you actually get up to take care of it you're 100% awake and swearing like a Floridian in August.

LRB

That is incredibly annoying. By the time you actually get up to take care of it you're 100% awake and swearing like a Floridian in August.

Right, or a Floridian in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November December. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's not, or shouldn't be, the time it takes to run the race or the race distance but the importance of the race. Would you object as much to the cost if it were a national or world championship, and yes runners like us can run in some of them. I drove 90 miles to run in my first official mile race after I returned to running, all for the sake of running for a little under 5 minutes.

I try to stay within 45 minutes of home, it just makes things easier. I'm not a fan of doing a lot of driving, especially early in the morning. This race would be a way to make myself get up early so hopefully I can go to sleep early due to the stupid time change that day, so not a goal and it is outside of when the plan I am loosely using has a race.

workinprogress11

Just had a chance to peek back at the Mondalies. Thanks for the warm greetings!  No running today as I had no time due to work crap and now thunderstorms/hail/tornado watch crap but I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Hubby took forever on the TM so I went outside in the heat.  5 miles at 11:57mm which is 1.5mm faster than all my other runs.  Now I am sore, oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I just bought a 12 pack of 9 volt batteries because I would rather spend 30 bucks and have more of them than I would ever need than to go through another night of the smoke detectors randomly chirping at 2 am in the morning. I almost shot one of them bitches off the ceiling last night I was so mad.

Our dog goes absolutely bonkers when this happens. I think he assumes there's a squirrel loose in the house, because he runs all over looking for it and will not calm down. DH finally just tore one of the smoke detectors off the wall because it chirped so often.  Same thing happens when his phone is low on battery. Somehow it always chirps in the middle of the night too.